May 19, 2024, 10:28:58 AM

Author Topic: Changes in the 4th edition of the core set  (Read 4411 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Changes in the 4th edition of the core set
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »
So far I've noticed:

Force push: 3>5

Teleport: 3>4

Dispel: 5>7

Dissolve: 5>7
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Changes in the 4th edition of the core set
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
I want more Flame Blast  :'(

Got all Expansions and Spell Tome Sets (except FiF) ... and i have only 4 Flame Blast. That's not enough to melt some faces.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:57:20 PM »
Thx sIKE, totally forgot to include the link in my mad rush to my exam!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Felix_s_Becker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
Comparing with the old Spell list (which is not avalilable btw why did you take it down?)

Dispel 5 > 7   +2
Dissolve 5 > 7   +2
Dragonscale Hauberg 1 > 2   +1
Feral Bobcat 2 > 3   +1
Force push 3 > 5   +2
Leather Boots 1 > 2   +1
Leather Gloves 1 > 2   +1
Minor Heal 5 > 6   +1
Regrowth Belt 1 > 2   +1
Ring of Fire 2 < 1   -1??
Teleport 3 > 4   +1
Thunderrift Falcon 2 > 3   +1 YAY 8)

+14 total, but also -1, so i suspect an error, as they stated it would be +14. Also Circle of lightning is not listed in the list for the 4.th printing.
I really like that they included more leather armor and the third falcon since i will have 6 falcons now (old base set plus spelltome 1 plus new core set). Also regrowth Belt is a card i run short on when bulding many spellbooks simultanously. Dissolve Dispel Force push and Teleport is a no brainer, very nice to see increased numbers of those. I dont fully agree with minor heal since i do not use it very frequently. i d rather use a heal instead. I would have preferred a seeking dipel or nullify increase instead. But all in all i think its a very solid and generous addition to the huge value the base set already gives you. I preordered here in germany right when it was possible =)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:31:59 PM by Felix_s_Becker »

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »
Falcons will be rendered uselss if they print Gravikor and Sandstorm.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »
Falcons will be rendered uselss if they print Gravikor and Sandstorm.

As much as a card can be printed to "handle" another card, a card can be printed to "buff" a card.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »
Don't you think that's an overreaction?
@Gravikor
1) No every Mage will play with Gravikor, because most of them have to pay 4 Spellpoints.
2) Gravikor only makes sense, if there are at least 2 Flyers on the field. btw. Your own Flyers are affected too.
3) Flyers are not dead because you place Gravikor, you still need to kill them. But, you just spend 8 mana for Gravikor, that could also have been a creature to protect your mage or attack your enemy.
4) Some Flyers are strong, even if they don't fly (Guardian Angel, Legendary Angels)

@Sandstorm
4 Dice against Flyers is not too scary. Ring of Fire (5 Dice) or Electrify (Stun) is a greater threat. But if you are still worried, just avoid moving your Flyers in one zone, problem solved.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 01:20:29 PM »
@Sandstorm
4 Dice against Flyers is not too scary. Ring of Fire (5 Dice) or Electrify (Stun) is a greater threat. But if you are still worried, just avoid moving your Flyers in one zone, problem solved.
I would say adding in the Piercing + the Push/Daze/Push+Daze makes it is quite the nasty spell against a flock of low-level fliers
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest