May 04, 2024, 07:49:18 PM

Author Topic: Status of MW Academy and Arena on Tabletopia 2016  (Read 5853 times)

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Status of MW Academy and Arena on Tabletopia 2016
« on: August 09, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »
It's been a while since this was discussed here so I just wanted to politely ask for an update of the status of the two games (see title) in tabletopia. Can we expect deck building support in Academy on Tabletopia soon? Is there any progress with bringing Arena to Tabletopia?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Status of MW Academy and Arena on Tabletopia 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 04:36:26 PM »
Silence
I'll take that as a: "Yes we're working on it but, no, not anytime soon" ;)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »
That is all in the developers hands. There were upgrades they needed to implement to be able to support spellbook building. Now this is outside my normal sphere, so I'm not sure what progress they've made so far. I'm betting they're working on more general upgrades that don't specifically effect Mage Wars, atm.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 12:05:55 AM »
Tabletopia itself is still in development and Open Beta seems to launch between Q2 and Q3 this year. Here is they "timeline". I would try to ask them :)

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:12:03 AM »
Tabletopia itself is still in development and Open Beta seems to launch between Q2 and Q3 this year. Here is they "timeline". I would try to ask them :)
I know that, thanks. I'm already taking part in the Open Beta (already did closed Beta). As far as I understood, the Tabletopia developers provided the framework and tools that allow game authors to implement their games in Tabletopia. I didn't know they do game development themselves. So I figured this forum would be the right place to ask. Now I know, thanks to Laddinface's answer, that AW is not that much involved in the development process as I thought. So I'll direct my questions regarding this topic to the Tabletopia forum. Thank you both for your replies :)

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »
I know that, thanks. I'm already taking part in the Open Beta (already did closed Beta). As far as I understood, the Tabletopia developers provided the framework and tools that allow game authors to implement their games in Tabletopia. I didn't know they do game development themselves. So I figured this forum would be the right place to ask. Now I know, thanks to Laddinface's answer, that AW is not that much involved in the development process as I thought. So I'll direct my questions regarding this topic to the Tabletopia forum. Thank you both for your replies :)

How do I get into the open beta?

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »
Under this link https://tabletopia.com/#kickstarter all options to join are listed.
I didn't phrase it correctly in my previous post. Open Beta starts in Fall 2016. You can access the Closed Beta immediately by pledging for Early Access starting at 10$. You can read all the details under the link above.
There are already a lot of games ready to play(e.g. some of the new titles from GenCon) so if you plan to try some baordgames which are on Tabletopia online Early Access is surely a good choice.

If you just want to check out Mage Wars Academy demo you can also play it without Early Access to Tabletopia. Jut go to http://blog.tabletopia.com/page/2/ and search for "Academy" to find the link to the demo. You can play it for free without any tabletopia account.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 03:34:11 PM »
Under this link https://tabletopia.com/#kickstarter all options to join are listed.
I didn't phrase it correctly in my previous post. Open Beta starts in Fall 2016. You can access the Closed Beta immediately by pledging for Early Access starting at 10$. You can read all the details under the link above.
There are already a lot of games ready to play(e.g. some of the new titles from GenCon) so if you plan to try some baordgames which are on Tabletopia online Early Access is surely a good choice.

If you just want to check out Mage Wars Academy demo you can also play it without Early Access to Tabletopia. Jut go to http://blog.tabletopia.com/page/2/ and search for "Academy" to find the link to the demo. You can play it for free without any tabletopia account.

It wants a code. I don't think that works anymore.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »
Just follow the link after "Play zone:". There should be a popup where you can enter any Nickname. Then press "Play as a guest". The room will be setup. On the right you can send the link to friends. On the bottom left press "Start New Game" to start the game. You will need to install the unity web player. No need to login.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »
Just follow the link after "Play zone:". There should be a popup where you can enter any Nickname. Then press "Play as a guest". The room will be setup. On the right you can send the link to friends. On the bottom left press "Start New Game" to start the game. You will need to install the unity web player. No need to login.
Nope. It takes me to a page asking for a game invite code.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 06:14:55 AM »
When exactly does it ask for a code? When you go to the blog, or when you follow the link given at "Play zone"? Or some point later?
I'm here on a computer that is not mine in a country that is not my home country. I never entered any credentials. For me it works exactly like I described it and I'm not using my Tabletopia account, so you must do something differently than me.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »
When exactly does it ask for a code? When you go to the blog, or when you follow the link given at "Play zone"? Or some point later?
I'm here on a computer that is not mine in a country that is not my home country. I never entered any credentials. For me it works exactly like I described it and I'm not using my Tabletopia account, so you must do something differently than me.

Right after I click on Play zone. I think it's cause I tried to set up an account but didn't have a code to finish it. So it's a bug. I'll try sending a message to the tabletopia people asking if they can help me fix it.

aridigas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
You might try to follow the links iin Icognito Mode. Maybe Tabletopia fails to recognise you this way.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »
I found out the problem by asking some Tabletopia people. Apparently Chrome wont work with Tabletopia, so I downloaded Firefox and it worked, but my computer can barely run Unity, so it was hard to do anything when I checked it out. It was still pretty neat though.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »
Yes, the browser plugin for Unity is very resource hungry. The problem is that the game is started with highest quality settings when running it the first time. I could barely use it then. But with a little patience I managed to switch to low quality settings and then it worked fluently on my machine and still looked pretty good to my eyes!
With the steam client it runs out of the box, but for that you will need an subscription AFAIK.