May 17, 2024, 07:08:58 PM

Author Topic: Forcefield vs unavoid. attk  (Read 9478 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Forcefield vs unavoid. attk
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 01:21:36 AM »
An etherial Wall outright ruins Akiros Hammer too, which is fun.

I think if your opponent is playing Akiro's Hammer you are already at an advantage  ;D

When someone drops Akiro's Hammer, my immediate thought is that it's time to go kill them regardless of what else is going on in the game.

"Oh... I see you want to waste 3 turns and all of your mana attacking a conjuration I don't really care about. That is fine. I'll just be over here killing you" ::)
"See you space cowboy..."

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 01:29:32 AM »
An etherial Wall outright ruins Akiros Hammer too, which is fun.

I think if your opponent is playing Akiro's Hammer you are already at an advantage  ;D

When someone drops Akiro's Hammer, my immediate thought is that it's time to go kill them regardless of what else is going on in the game.

"Oh... I see you want to waste 3 turns and all of your mana attacking a conjuration I don't really care about. That is fine. I'll just be over here killing you" ::)

Oh, good, you're going to waste a turn and a third worth of mana and an action destroying my Hand of Bim-Shalla. Don't mind me. I'll just be over here cleaning your viscera off of my Dragonscale Hauberk.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »
Nice work Saucy and Jack   8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
I'm still not sure with the wording of the rules. zone attacks state (page 23 rule book) states "therefore abilities and traits that allow a target to react when it is the target of an attack do not apply to zone attacks"

force field states "when ever you are attacked ....etc", most enchantments are traits so from this wording I see force field will not prevent damage from zone attacks
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 05:08:02 AM »
I'm still not sure with the wording of the rules. zone attacks state (page 23 rule book) states "therefore abilities and traits that allow a target to react when it is the target of an attack do not apply to zone attacks"

force field states "when ever you are attacked ....etc", most enchantments are traits so from this wording I see force field will not prevent damage from zone attacks

Hail of stones. Even if you are fast like the ferret you cannot dodge them because its raining stones and there is simply too many of them so you will be hit regardless. Having a shield like the knights of westlock aint gonna protect you either as you will still be hit.

Same goes for other zone attacks - the entire zone is struck so there is nowhere to hide.

Forcefield however still surrounds the FM and negates this attack.

That was thematically. Rules wise my first reply in this topic still answers your post.
Regarding the wording for zone attacks they are meant for traits and abilites that work during the avoid attack step.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 06:14:58 AM »
As stated before FF in effect causes you to skip past the avoid attack step all the way to Additional Strikes. So no Avoid Attack, no Roll Dice, no Damage and Effects.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 07:47:25 AM »
If someone attacks the Forcemaster with the shield up and the Forcemaster has a damage shield does the damage shield still get to trigger or does it skip that too since the attack was absorbed by the force field?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 04:14:13 AM »
I am pretty sure it skips the damage barrier step.  its like 4am though so im not sure of anything
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 04:32:41 AM »
The attack has to actually connect to trigger a Damage Barrier.  If it gets cancelled the chain of sequences ends before you get to the damage barrier step.  So Defenses, Forcefield, Block, etc all end the sequence before it ever gets a chance to occur.