May 03, 2024, 06:34:32 AM

Author Topic: Promos  (Read 2344 times)

VictorE

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Promos
« on: July 07, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »
I'm sadly a bit new to mage wars and wish I had discovered it years ago. It has replaced all of my other card games at the moment. My friend and I like to play friendly games with all cards allowed, but there does not seem to be a place to buy the promo cards other than ebay if you can find them there, which you often can't. I've read the discussions about promos pro and cons, but as long as both players agree to play with them, I think that they add to the fun. But where do you get the cards released in the past that were no incorporated into future standard releases. Years ago the facebook page talked about promo packs but I don't see them in the shop.

So I guess my question is (NOT anything to do with whether you like them or not but) how does one go about getting some of the promos (for instance, ring of healing, royal armorer, staff of storms, etc.). Maybe some of these are available, and I just don't know it yet. I did say I was relatively new having only started playing about 3 months ago.  Thanks.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Promos
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »
Promos can be obtained by ambassadors (folks who demo the game) for the purpose of distributing them to participants in demos or tournaments. Most often you will find these at events, which are usually hosted in game stores or at conventions.

Note that promos may or may not be just like the official version of the released spell, if and when they are finalized and released. I can't think of any off hand that changed from promo to initial release, but it is possible that they can be.

Hope this helps!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:22:17 PM »
Ballista went from war 2, to [war 2, unique, war mage only] upon official release.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »
I believe most promo's ever released are in a set somewhere. The ones that aren't will probably be in a future set (or never if its not a good promo)

I dont think they are worth hunting down. The good ones like staff of storms will surely be in a future set I think. Just have some patience.  :P You could always use a proxy in the meanwhile too.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.