May 10, 2024, 02:15:37 PM

Author Topic: Queen City Beast Master II  (Read 11542 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Queen City Beast Master II
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
Well enough. I do well against Devil, Larrick, James, Jay, and those who play less. I do poorly against Sarahs Force Master. I go 50/50 against Jimillia. I've fought others from outside Charlotte and generally hold my own fairly well. Even in losses I typically come close. I consider myself a "slightly above average" player. My biggest weakness being mental fatigue brought on by not training for super long matches.
Have you considered a disarm for the gauntlets?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 12:13:00 AM »
The truth of the matter is I've only so many spell points. I've honestly considered pretty much everything but what's in here now is what's been proven to work against a multitude of opponents. Something added means something removed. The books not perfect but for my play style it's very effective.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 11:06:24 AM »
The truth of the matter is I've only so many spell points. I've honestly considered pretty much everything but what's in here now is what's been proven to work against a multitude of opponents. Something added means something removed. The books not perfect but for my play style it's very effective.
Vs AT Tank I think you are in trouble.
If they have 2 elemental wands and cantrip mage wand. You can only remove 1 (have to dissolve gauntlets first)
This could be a major problem.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 12:09:10 PM »
If they have 2 elemental wands and cantrip mage wand. You can only remove 1 (have to dissolve gauntlets first)

I'll do my best to pick a fight with one at Gen Con and see how it goes. I've defeated them in the past, course I've lost to them in the past as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 12:10:38 PM »

I'll do my best to pick a fight with one at Gen Con and see how it goes. I've defeated them in the past, course I've lost to them in the past as well.
Good idea!
The Phoenix shall rise.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
I just played a variation of you deck and lost to jelly, uslak wizard. I opened with falcons, which I immediately regretted. Should have opened with Cervere to put the pressure on early
The Phoenix shall rise.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 02:31:55 PM »
I just played a variation of you deck and lost to jelly, uslak wizard. I opened with falcons, which I immediately regretted. Should have opened with Cervere to put the pressure on early

Usslak? Huh. I guess it's kind of like Knight of the Red Helm, and same sbp cost for a wizard, for a psychic immunity buddy/few big(gish).

Did you get the Rajan's Fury running? A flock of Charging birds should be able to take out a Jelly and an Usslak. Or were they getting torn up by Wind attack spells + zap?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster