May 05, 2024, 05:58:18 AM

Author Topic: 2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker  (Read 2720 times)

Vadi88

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker
« on: December 12, 2012, 03:25:03 AM »
What do you think about having 2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker?
(We disputed a lot with my friend)

A.) Can I use one to reroll the damage and see the outcome and reroll again with the other too if I like to? (I think yes)

B.) When creature get damage + effect can I reroll first one of them, and after choose to reroll wichever I want or I can reroll only what I first rerolled? (I get a big damage + burn, and I said I reroll the damage and if it is low enough I will reroll the effect. He said I can't rerroll the effect only the damage in this case.)

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 12:10:38 PM »
As each temple is a different object, and their abilities do not stack, you would have to first complete the ability of one temple before going on to the next one.

A.) Yes.
B.) There is no test stating that if you used another temple you must do the same thing for the second one.  As I said each temple is a different object and, unless there is some text stating otherwise, each should be treated completely separately.  They do, after all, each have their own ready marker, and you don't have to use both at once.  You could save one for a different attack if you wanted.
If your friend is correct, then on the next attack you would have to do the same thing you chose for the first attack.  But what if you chose to reroll the D12 on the first attack and the second didn't have an effect roll?

This game is supposed to be realistic, and I don't see how forcing a temple to do the same thing as the first one would be realistic.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Temple of the Dawnbreaker
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
That is correct, the Temples act independently of each other.  

What you do with one temple does not have to be duplicated by the other temple.  

You can re-roll a die roll with one temple, and, after seeing the result, use a second temple to re-roll that same roll, or a different roll.

As said, you do have to complete one temple before resolving the next.

Great job Drealin!