May 05, 2024, 03:50:57 AM

Author Topic: 2 questions: Mind control - Nullyfi  (Read 3540 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
2 questions: Mind control - Nullyfi
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »
- Mind Control : The text said that you can only reveal M. C between action phases, but now the question. If my opponent in his Q. Action, cast M. Control and I first player, Can i play My actions creature as first action before its Mind controlled?

- Nullyfi: I don find this sorry, i know that you must reveal it , but if your opponent cast and enchantment you can not pay mullyfi and avoid that your opponent reveal its enchantment?

Thanks for all.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: 2 questions: Mind control - Nullyfi
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »
The typos in your second question make it barely understandable.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »
both:
Enchantments are always always always cast face down.

Mind Control:
It depends on when he reveals it.

If first quickcast phase is over and you then start action phase then its too late for him to reveal, simply because as soon as you turn over the action marker of the creature then he is no longer allowed to reveal.

However. If you decide to quickcast before you activiate your creature, then he can reveal between the 3 steps of the spell casting.

Or he could simply cast it and reveal it straight away.

Nullify:
Nullify triggers when the opponent CASTS the enchantment... not when revealing it.
If you have a nullify on a creature and the opponent casts an incantation or a FACE DOWN enchantment on this creature then you MUST reveal your nullify.
You still decide if you want to let it go to waste and the the spell resolve, or pay the reveal cost and counter the spell.

To sum it up:
It sounds like you play enchantments wrong - playing them face up in 1 go.

lettucemode

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »
I think he's asking if you can reveal Nullify in response to your opponent revealing an enchantment to cancel the reveal. The answer is no, Nullify only blocks the initial cast of an enchantment.

The answer to your first question is yes, you can take an action with your creature as long as your opponent has not revealed the Mind Control by the time you flip your action marker over.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:24:21 PM by lettucemode »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
I think he's asking if you can reveal Nullify in response to your opponent revealing an enchantment to cancel the reveal. The answer is no, Nullify only blocks the initial cast of an enchantment.

The answer to your first question is yes, you can take an action with your creature as long as your opponent has not revealed the Mind Control by the time you flip your action marker over.
I think that his question was a bit more than that. I think he is asking if the opposing mage is using his Quick Cast Marker to cast a spell, can he reveal Mind Control? If that is the question then the answer is yes. A mage can only use his QC at one of three (or 4 depending on your PoV) points: First Quick Cast Phase, Last Quick Cast Phase, and in between any creatures Action during the Action Phase. All of these points during game phases meet the requirement of not being "during" a creatures action.

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
About the f. Q:

-First quic cast phase: My opponent cast face down, Mind control

-Action phase: Im first player, can i trigger my creature with M. C before its revealed?

About Nullyfi:

- Can you May pay the cost of nullyfi when it´s revealed?

Sorry for my poor english xd.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »
To add a point to sike answer, it is not between action of any creature but before or after your creatures.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
Then i suppose that i could attack first with my creature before M. C its revealed?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
About the f. Q:

-First quic cast phase: My opponent cast face down, Mind control

-Action phase: Im first player, can i trigger my creature with M. C before its revealed?

After you both either cast a spell or pass the First Quick Cast Phase you "change" the phase to the Action Phase. At this point the game state is "before" a creatures Action so Mind Control can be revealed. In spirit of the game you have to give your opponent a chance to do this. But to even more to the point, he could reveal it right after he attached it to your creature during the Quick Cast Phase, or after your QC (if you went last) in the Quick Phase.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest