May 05, 2024, 09:47:30 AM

Author Topic: A Rain of Arrows  (Read 4634 times)

infinihedron

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
A Rain of Arrows
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »
It states in the rules that non-fliers using an attack with a 1-X range can hit fliers in the same zone but is the opposite also true? Can a Flier with the same attack make it against a non-flier in the same zone?

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: A Rain of Arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:00:49 AM »
To my knowledge,  yes.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 05:39:55 AM »
Not only can a flyer with a ranged attack hit non flyers in the same zone as him, but he can also hit other flyers in the same zone as him. (FAQ pg 19)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
Not only can a flyer with a ranged attack hit non flyers in the same zone as him, but he can also hit other flyers in the same zone as him. (FAQ pg 19)

Truth
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »

Truth

But this doesn't apply to a conjuration? The FAQ just states 'creature'.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 12:14:30 AM »
The FAQ states that you can ignore the minimum range when attacking an object in your zone if either the attacking creature or defending creature has flying. This means that a flyer can indeed attack a conjuration in the same zone with a ranged attack. Interestingly it does not allow a non flyer to attack a flying conjuration in the same zone with a ranged attack, but since there currently are no flying conjurations this isn't currently an issue.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:23:44 AM »

Truth

Ninja'd by Zuberi
The FAQ states that you can ignore the minimum range when attacking an object in your zone if either the attacking creature or defending creature has flying. This means that a flyer can indeed attack a conjuration in the same zone with a ranged attack. Interestingly it does not allow a non flyer to attack a flying conjuration in the same zone with a ranged attack, but since there currently are no flying conjurations this isn't currently an issue.

Yes it was updated this week I think
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:25:28 AM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »

Truth

Ninja'd by Zuberi

Yes it was updated this week I think

Thanks, I understand that part, but my question revolves around the first part of the sentence which reads ...

"A creature can ignore minimum range when making a ranged attack against another object..."

So, rewording my question - can a conjuration ignore minimum range when making a ranged attack ...? The wording in the FAQ seems to limit this zero range ability to creatures and thereby excludes objects like Akiro's Hammer and Ballista.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 12:14:14 AM »
I apologize for my misunderstanding. That question is answered on pg15 of the rulebook v2.0 where it says any ranged attack may target a flying creature in the same zone. The point of the FAQ was that flying creatures could also gain this benefit against non fliers and other flyers. Neither source mentions flying conjurations, but those currently don't exist.

So yes, a conjuration can attack a flying creature in the same zone with a ranged attack regardless of minimum range.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 08:57:42 AM »
I apologize for my misunderstanding. That question is answered on pg15 of the rulebook v2.0 where it says any ranged attack may target a flying creature in the same zone. The point of the FAQ was that flying creatures could also gain this benefit against non fliers and other flyers. Neither source mentions flying conjurations, but those currently don't exist.

So yes, a conjuration can attack a flying creature in the same zone with a ranged attack regardless of minimum range.

Understood. Thanks for clearing that up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »

Correct

infinihedron

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:49 PM »
thanks guys! really helped with my insidious plans...