May 18, 2024, 04:25:43 PM

Author Topic: Deploying Mage-class only equipment onto a teammate?  (Read 2070 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Deploying Mage-class only equipment onto a teammate?
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »
So if I'm a Forcemaster who controls a Battle forge, can I have it deploy a Druid's Leaf Ring onto a Friendly Druid?

Also, if I deploy a Mage Wand onto a friendly Druid, do I have to bind my own incantation, or can she bind one of her incantations to it?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:35:39 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Deploying Mage-class only equipment onto a teammate?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
1: No. Druid's Leaf Ring has "Druid Only" on it, so you cannot include it in your spellbook, as per page 36 of the rulebook. Since you cannot have it in your spellbook, there is no possible way for you to prepare that spell during the Planning Phase.

2: I believe you do. Page 20 of the rulebook states: When you cast a spell with the Spellbind trait, you may immediately bind a spell to it. You can choose any spell from your spellbook that fulfills the limitations on the Spellbind object. I interpret that to mean that the bound spell is chosen before your teammate would become the controller of the Mage Wand (as in, I believe it is chosen at the end of Step 1, and your teammate gains control of it at the end of Step 3 when it resolves).

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:54:50 PM by Aylin »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 04:51:16 AM »
Aylin is completely correct on the Class Only Equipment, but incorrect on the Spellbinding rules.

Page 22 of the FAQ states: "If a Mage casts an equipment with Spellbind on another Mage, then the recipient of the equipment chooses a bound spell from the recipient's own spellbook."

Thus, when you cast a Spellbinding Equipment on another mage, the bound spell always comes from the target mage's spellbook.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:56:08 AM by Zuberi »

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »
Aylin is completely correct on the Class Only Equipment, but incorrect on the Spellbinding rules.

Page 22 of the FAQ states: "If a Mage casts an equipment with Spellbind on another Mage, then the recipient of the equipment chooses a bound spell from the recipient's own spellbook."

Thus, when you cast a Spellbinding Equipment on another mage, the bound spell always comes from the target mage's spellbook.

Opps, my bad. Should have checked there.