May 05, 2024, 01:56:04 PM

Author Topic: 4 player question, dead mage creatures live for other mage?  (Read 2337 times)

Matt.dog

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
 Hi guys! I don't have any idea if there's official 4 player rules out there, but when your buddy dies do his creatures remain on the board for the other team mate to control or do they disappear?  Logically they would stay...unless you consider them a spell that its somehow linked to the mage that dissipates or that they just run away and flee since no longer under control. 

Thanks guys your advice our opinions is appreciated.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: 4 player question, dead mage creatures live for other mage?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:53:53 AM »
I played a 4 player game once. We had two opposing teams with each team consisting of two players. We played by the rule that a team loses when one mage on that team is defeated. Otherwise, we figured you could get a very long game that could lead into some weird territory.

You might wanna post the same question in the "Alternative Play" board where people discuss variants other than the standard 1 vs. 1.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:55:55 AM by MrSaucy »
"See you space cowboy..."

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: 4 player question, dead mage creatures live for other mage?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:01:46 AM »
If I remember correctly, When a mage dies all equipment and enchantments attached to him are destroyed immediately. Everything else that he controls remain in play UNTIL the end of that phase, at which point they are also discarded.

With Action Phases, it would be the end of the individual creature's action phase, not the end of the whole action phase, when the mages stuff would go away.