May 19, 2024, 10:54:00 PM

Author Topic: Partnership with Level99Games  (Read 2598 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Partnership with Level99Games
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
So the Mage Wars facebook page announced yesterday that they are partnering with Level99 for their Kickstarter that is coming up. Mages from MW will be crossing over into their game starting with a Kickstarter, and some of their characters will be crossing over into this one.

All the characters from both games that are crossing over are going to be redone in that respective games' art style, so don't worry about an influx of anime style art into Mage Wars. Also, they aren't going to be actual Mages, but will instead be Legendary Creatures. & at the moment, they are planned to be brought to the Arena in Paladin vs Siren.

This is certainly interesting. Whether it's going to work well or not is yet to be seen, but at the very least perhaps we'll get some new fans. I have confidence that Arcane Wonders will make it work though.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1179048/character-crossover-in-battlecon
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1179019/level99-games-and-arcane-wonder-kickstarter-cro
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Partnership with Level99Games
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 09:49:03 AM »
I've been playing a fair bit of Devastation of Indines lately and while it's got a difficulty curve like a cliff, it's a stunningly beautifully designed game that I'm glad I stuck with. My last session was a lot of fun, but getting there took some real work.

Which, actually, is a lot like Mage Wars. Good audience overlap there.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »
I've been enjoying it a bunch too. :)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 02:52:15 PM »
This is very interesting. Couldn't hurt to get more exposure and fans.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »
Sooo, can some legendary hardworking ambassadors from europe also became a non-legendary creatures in MW? Any small 2 attack dice goblin creature will do :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )