May 13, 2024, 07:00:12 AM

Author Topic: Library of the White Spires (Spellbook Reference)  (Read 48045 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Library of the White Spires (Spellbook Reference)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 02:07:02 PM »
I'll include it because I do think it's a great point for new players to start with.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 03:11:12 PM »
If you're nominating something primarily because it is a good starting point for beginners, then I am no longer sure what you mean by "iconic".

What exactly is the criteria for a spellbook to be on this list? That still isn't clear to me.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 07:05:50 PM »
The idea of Iconic is both that which you build your testing gauntlet out of and something that is representative of the general. I feel the reason that curse build was nominated was more the second reason. It is a great place for Beginners because it does the things that a curse book needs to do and from that they can determine how they would like to customize it.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 09:14:57 AM »
You should include your Skeletal Warlord build
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
To be fair, that was a forum created book. Also, it's only Iconic because it was the forum built book. If I am wrong I'd be happy to add it, but right now I don't think so.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 04:57:21 PM »
To be fair, that was a forum created book. Also, it's only Iconic because it was the forum built book. If I am wrong I'd be happy to add it, but right now I don't think so.
I think it is a good one for newbs to see how to build a good book using cards from other schools that synergize via subtypes.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
I think it is a good one for newbs to see how to build a good book using cards from other schools that synergize via subtypes.

I agree on this.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Library of the White Spires (Spellbook Reference)
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 12:03:36 PM »
I noticed that this hasn't been updated in a really long time. This might work better if we nominate spellbook archetypes  and an example of each rather than just individual spellbooks. Even if there's no link to a spell list on the forum knowing that the archetype exists is good to know for future reference. I nominate Forge Forcemaster, johktari canines, guardian angel priestess, sectarus curse warlock, Druid kill zone/assembly line, straywood buddy, attack spell wizard, mana denial wizard, buddy forcemaster, buddy priest, anvil throne forged, Adramelech kiting. Additionally, I would like to nominate my 4th edition core set x1 only arraxian crown warlock as a good example of a solid build using a limited card pool, so beginners can see how it is possible to play mage wars competitively on a budget if they play smart. Should make an archetype category called "budget spellbooks" for that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:07:34 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:22 AM »
I would actually like to see a vote post. That way the community gets to choose what they think is best suited.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 09:26:22 AM »
Someone should make a poll in this thread. Laddinfance?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »
I've been thinkn' a lot lately on how I'd like to see this updated over time. We could go with a "hall of fame" style entry process. Every few months I put up a poll and the top "x" entrants are added. Obviously we build the poll out of the new spellbooks. Another thought I had was to ask the community what spellbook they would like to see, then take all of the applicable spellbooks and "induct" one of them.

Obviously there are a lot of options, I would love to hear more of your thoughts.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 10:00:34 AM »
I think this is a neat section that we could use to reward tournament winners. If you win an official Arcane Wonders Mage Wars tournament, then you go in the Library of the White Spires section. I like the formatting you used with the Straywood Aviary and would suggest that for all entries.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
I think this is a neat section that we could use to reward tournament winners. If you win an official Arcane Wonders Mage Wars tournament, then you go in the Library of the White Spires section. I like the formatting you used with the Straywood Aviary and would suggest that for all entries.
I second this idea to, but would include OCTGN tourney winners of course!

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 10:57:44 PM »
Tomorrow I'm hoping to update the links with the Gen Con 2016 champions spellbook, as well as a couple others. then I have a few ideas going forward.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 08:13:39 AM »
Updated to add the Gen Con Champion Spellbook, and the 5-0 day one spellbook. Both are excellent examples of what those mages can do.