May 02, 2024, 10:48:27 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Companion App - Feature Requests  (Read 63452 times)

Snotwalker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Companion App - Feature Requests
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
If nothing else, I'd say the very first update NEEDS to be a better search function... One that searches ALL text on the cards, and not just the titles.  (well, except for flavor, of course...)  :)

I can't imagine it'd be too hard to include that in a relatively short turn-around?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »
Much harder than you would imagine.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

myxomatosis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
Please make this available for Android phones as well.

ericshelpdesk

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 04:24:09 PM »
Much harder than you would imagine.....
Is the app running a SQL database for the cards?  Setting up pre-defined filters in SQL that run off drop downs or search boxes and displaying the returned results shouldn't be all that difficult.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 09:02:06 AM »
Hmm, what i would really welcome is some "round planner". I am not that good when come to math so in a situation, when i am creating Spell Book and trying the best opening, it take some time, paper and pencil :)

Mana + Channeling - card1 - Card2 = Mana left at the end of the round
Mana + Channeling - card3 - Card4 = Mana left at the end of the round
etc.
etc.

:)

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

PsyKoStorm

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »
Tracker Screen:

-Bigger touch + -

-The round number (Not really important but it's fun to know.)

Game Start:

-A way to remember the name of the mage while playing multiple game against the same oponent.

Spellbook builder:

-A way to change the name of the spellbook and keep the old name. Exemple: spellbook name Falcon beaster v100 and i want to rename it to Falcon Beastmaster v101 without writing it again.

-I found how to change the name and it's way to painfull. I need to open the spellbook, change the name of the spellbook, remove a card, close the spellbook, open the spellbook and finnaly add the card I removed than close the spellbook. Way to long to only change the name...
With this in mind, can you add the option to or fix the problem.
It should be: Open spellbook, change name, close the spellbook.

-It would be usefull to add the option to see what are the cards that changed while modifying the spellbook. So when I am back home, I can take my real Spellbook and change those cards to fit the new version. Exemple: I open the spellbook, change cards and (With the save option implemented) save the spellbook. It will create an icon in the spellbook, where you can see what your removed and what card you added.

-A way to undo what you just did. (Exemple: I remove a card while touching the screen and i dont know what is it.

-Remove the auto saving option in the spellbook builder. If I want to save, I would like to click save spellbook. So, if I dont like what I did, I close the spellbook and load it again with no mofification.

Maybe more to come when i test the app again probably next week.
Very fun to play the game with the new tracker.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:52:31 PM by PsyKoStorm »

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 02:50:56 AM »
My main request is for it being available on phones (particularly, android ones).
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »
My main request is for it being available on phones (particularly, android ones).

Ditto, but iPhone.  Especially if it has a built-in spell book builder, as the one online doesn't work well with my iPhone (zooming issues, can't save or load, etc).
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

MogenMan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 06:01:43 AM »
I would like an option to disable animations in the builder, my main concern when building is speed. Using the app on Nexus 7 is a bit too slow to be really good so both improving speed and allowing me to disable animations would be awesome.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 08:51:18 AM »
I would like an option to disable animations in the builder, my main concern when building is speed. Using the app on Nexus 7 is a bit too slow to be really good so both improving speed and allowing me to disable animations would be awesome.

Must be nice for the app to work on your nexus 7.

The AW guys say it only works on tablets larger than 7". I also have an Asus Nexus 7, and I can't get the app.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »
I checked in the google store after the update, and my tablet is now available to receive the App.

I have downloaded it and installed the spell pack but have yet to play with it other than that.

Fly Molo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »
Downloaded the update. The usability is way better now.

Thanks so much!

Tisen

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »
Great app! love sitting on my commute to work and building my spell books and Reading about the different cards on my ipad.

When me and my friend are playing we use the rulebook heavily to look up different conditions aaall the time. (how did sleep work?, what was stuck?)

It would be soooo nice to have these key Words in the app so that you can click them and get a short description. it would save us a bunch of time.

Keep up the good work!

//Mathias

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »
Great app! love sitting on my commute to work and building my spell books and Reading about the different cards on my ipad.

When me and my friend are playing we use the rulebook heavily to look up different conditions aaall the time. (how did sleep work?, what was stuck?)

It would be soooo nice to have these key Words in the app so that you can click them and get a short description. it would save us a bunch of time.

Keep up the good work!

//Mathias

While it would be nice to have in the app, you can download the Codex, Rules, and Rules and Codex Supplement to iBooks (or another PDF viewer) for convenient and searchable reference.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
I am enjoying this app. Thanks a lot for making it and for providing support for it. Here are my suggestions.

In addition to the aforementioned search functions and acces to the codex here is functionality I believe should be in this app: (in addition to fixing the incorrect novice spell calculating)

Builder:

1) a way to delete spellbooks

2) a way to view cards in the spellbook without deleting them (not to mention making it harder to accidentally delete spells when scrolling through book list. It is very frustrating to accidentally delete a spell and can't tell which one you deleted)

3) a way to sort cards by type

4) ability to see the mages special abilities while building (maybe include the mage special ability cards in the library)

5) easier navigation through the pages. Swiping is very tedious and the click function is difficult. (This might be eliminated by being able to sort by school and type at the same time so I could just see the nature enchantments for example or all enchantments)

Tracker;
1) a way to automatically track auto damage (ghoul rot, etc), life gain (sunfire amulet) and healing (regenerate)

2) show the round number

3) provide an undo or back to the previous round feature

im sure I will think of more but here is my staring contribution.

yeah top priority :  4) ability to see the mages special abilities while building (maybe include the mage special ability cards in the library !!!!