May 15, 2024, 05:28:36 PM

Author Topic: Arcane Duels - Priest's Divine Life  (Read 4099 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Arcane Duels - Priest's Divine Life
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »
Hey guys!

Just thought I would post my book from the Arcane Duels video vs Lord of Winter. This is a book that does not use the traditional Battle Forge with lots of armor and a vet belt to win the long game, it wins by having constant healing while dealing out constant damage with creatures. Mainly you will be using [mwcard=MW1C02]Asyran Cleric[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]Asyran Defender[/mwcard] with Bear Strength to dish out damage Right now I think you can play as either the Priest or the Priestess and still win in the short or long game. I do think the Priest is better in the short game and the priestess is better in the long game. Also this book is using Academy cards! Here's some thoughts I had on the book

If you guys want to see this book getting played check out this thread ---->http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16070.0

The Opening --->
R1 -> Harmonize on a Asyrian Temple in your starting corner
R2--> 2 Asyrian Clerics and 1 Mana Crystal

From this point on you can effectively get 14 mana to work with starting Round 4. I would suggest getting a defender a turn until you feel like you are about to be attacked. Also get Bear Strength on the Defenders. If you feel threatened you can get 2 armor or regen 2 and force orb (although I suggest just a Brace Yourself). If they are running  a lot of little dudes the defenders are perfect. They can guard and dodge and usually gain the advantage with the Bear Strength (if they don't have it they still do the job of not getting hit and dealing damage).

How to survive ---> No matter when they choose to attack you, you will generally have more damage output for the long game. If they choose to rush you can use the clerics to attack, or if the threat is dealt with you can use them to heal. Generally you want to keep your health below 8 damage at all times (otherwise consider healing)! This is a low armor book so use that brace yourself wisely (if they choose to unload a lot of mana with attack spells for instance). You can usually use a heal a turn or a minor heal if you want to buff things and win the trade off of in 3-4 rounds. Keep in mind your mage will probably take 40 or so damage because of the low armor so its sometimes worth it to just heal with your clerics so you can eek out that extra damage with your defenders.

Curses ---> When it comes to Ghoul Rot I prefer to get a regrowth on. Usually when you put a regrowth they will always follow it up with a poisoned blood after. This is good! That is why purify is in this book! Use those 2 actions for their 1! Always remember if you can just kill your opponent then there is no point in dismantling their plan.

Priest vs Priestess --> The Priest with 2 clerics own the early game. If you get a daze off against a solo mage and it works (misses the attack) you usually just win the game. The 2 clerics can dish out damage or just heal you to keep you in the lead. In the late game the Holy Avenger I view is basically a nice extra enchantment for cheap. His daze/burn is still good too.
The Priestess I really like for the long game. Not only does she have the 10 channel start, but I have lately been putting a mage wand (added after this match) on with purify just to get the extra health per turn. That extra health in combination with the healing can get ridiculous to survive with.

Feel free to ask any questions about it!

I have Academy cards in here and will post my OCTGN book to have promos if anyone is interested in it later!

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Divine Life[/spellbookname]
[mage]Priest[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
1X Force Hammer
[mwcard=DNA01]4 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1a11]4 x  Pillar of Light[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1j09]1 x  Temple of the Dawnbreaker[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j12]1 x  Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWJ05]1 x  Mana Prism[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j22]1 x  Tanglevine[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j08]1 x  Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j24]1 x  Temple of Light[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j23]1 x  Temple of Asyra[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1c06]1 x  Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1c20]1 x  Highland Unicorn[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKC06]2 x  Guardian Angel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1c22]1 x  Knight of Westlock[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]4 x  Asyran Defender[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1c02]4 x  Asyran Cleric[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1e12]1 x  Divine Protection[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e32]1 x  Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]3 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e20]1 x  Harmonize[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]1 x  Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]1 x  Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e17]1 x  Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE03]2 x  Healing Charm[/mwcard]
1X Gator Toughness
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
1X Wychwood Ironvine
[mwcard=mw1q27]1 x  Dawnbreaker Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ09]1 x  Wand of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q06]2 x  Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1i14]2 x  Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i17]2 x  Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI05]1 x  Ignite[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i20]1 x  Purify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI06]1 x  Defend[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i04]1 x  Charge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]1 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
2X Disperse
[mwcard=mw1i07]2 x  Dissolve[/mwcard]
1X Crumble
[mwcard=mw1i12]2 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]1 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 106 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:31:28 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Arcane Duels - Priest's Divine Life
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »
Here is the current book that I use on OCTGN. It includes promos!

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Divine OCTGN[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Priest Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1A11]2 x Pillar of Light[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA02]1 x Force Hammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]3 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J09]1 x Temple of the Dawnbreaker[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J23]1 x Temple of Asyra[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J12]1 x Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J08]1 x Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO4]1 x Ballista[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J22]1 x Tanglevine[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J24]1 x Temple of Light[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1C22]1 x Knight of Westlock[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1C02]4 x Asyran Cleric[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1C20]1 x Highland Unicorn[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1C06]1 x Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKC06]2 x Guardian Angel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]4 x Asyran Defender[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1E32]1 x Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E01]3 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E12]1 x Divine Protection[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E17]1 x Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E20]1 x Harmonize[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE03]2 x Healing Charm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]1 x Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNQ09]1 x Wand of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q19]1 x Mage Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q08]1 x Elemental Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q27]1 x Dawnbreaker Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q06]2 x Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWI12]2 x Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]1 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]2 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI14]2 x Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I15]1 x Knockdown[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I04]1 x Charge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI06]1 x Defend[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI05]1 x Ignite[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I20]1 x Purify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI11]3 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI16]3 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:53:15 PM »
A friend has played something similar to this opening against me, with both Priestess and Priest. I think he likes the Priest better. At first he was just bringing out six Clerics to start the game until I figured out how to kill the Temple early enough in the game that he now only brings out two or three before other creatures.

To me, it's a pretty annoying build. With my Beastmaster, I use Cervere+Lion Savagery and one or two ranged attack spells to kill off the Temple as soon as I can manage to do so. Just threatening to attack on turn 3 or 4 pretty well makes him bring out a Guardian Angel earlier than he would want... and even then Cervere can bypass the Angel anyway. I don't even care if Cervere dies after the Temple is gone... it gets bad quickly if the Temple is allowed to remain past turn 5 or so. The Defend spell that you have probably will be useful to get an Angel on Guard on the same turn that it is deployed.

• Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:18:43 AM »
This deck enables you to build up a strong defense but i' m worried about your offensive capabilities. An opponent that uses heavy conjurations like warlord (barracks, talos, akiros hammer), wizard (obelisk, mana drain, wizards tower) or necromancer (idol, deathlock, altar) will force you to come to them. That can give you a lot of trouble and you need a way to deal with it.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 04:38:39 PM »
This deck enables you to build up a strong defense but i' m worried about your offensive capabilities. An opponent that uses heavy conjurations like warlord (barracks, talos, akiros hammer), wizard (obelisk, mana drain, wizards tower) or necromancer (idol, deathlock, altar) will force you to come to them. That can give you a lot of trouble and you need a way to deal with it.

We have found that several Clerics (especially with Hand of Bim-Shalla) make for awesome support on the offensive. You area right though... I do think that four Defenders is quite excessive... I'd drop at least two (maybe all four since there are two Guardian Angels) to add other offensive creatures. I think I'd like to see one offensive Angel of some kind to be able to go after other flyers... maybe a Grey Angel or Valshalla.

On equipment... I wonder if it wouldn't be better to swap a Dragonscale Hauberk for a Stormdrake Hide. It'd give you a little flexibility for when you go against an air-trained Wizard. I also wonder if there is such a great need for the Mage Wand. The only spell that I can imagine being put on it is Teleport, which I don't think you'll need to play more than once with the Creature support that you have. Also, you have two other wands... so....
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »
A friend has played something similar to this opening against me, with both Priestess and Priest. I think he likes the Priest better. At first he was just bringing out six Clerics to start the game until I figured out how to kill the Temple early enough in the game that he now only brings out two or three before other creatures.

To me, it's a pretty annoying build. With my Beastmaster, I use Cervere+Lion Savagery and one or two ranged attack spells to kill off the Temple as soon as I can manage to do so. Just threatening to attack on turn 3 or 4 pretty well makes him bring out a Guardian Angel earlier than he would want... and even then Cervere can bypass the Angel anyway. I don't even care if Cervere dies after the Temple is gone... it gets bad quickly if the Temple is allowed to remain past turn 5 or so. The Defend spell that you have probably will be useful to get an Angel on Guard on the same turn that it is deployed.

I love Defend! You definitely hit the nail on the head with Cervere. If the Temple goes down it can really stunt the growth of this build (essentially it's an action and 4 mana a turn.)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »

I think the biggest problem I have right now is dealing with Conjurations. Right now I have a Ballista, Brogan Bloodstone with Bear Strength and Charge, and an Elemental Wand with Force Hammer. I do also have a minor way of dealing with conjurations and that is a mage wand with Ignite. I've been considering using Divine Intervention to get Brogan into the slicing faster.

I could also consider when going against typical mages that could run conjurations (Wizard, Warlord, Dark Mages) to run a more aggressive Spawnpoint, or just forget the temple and get out level 3 creatures (guardian angel, Knight of Westlock, Unicorn and go for a more direct game. They could all get Bear Strengthed so it wouldn't be the worst build. I suppose all in all, this book is not complete, but it has a good amount of planning so far.

Thanks for the suggestion Schwen. Maybe we can have some games with this sometime and I can test some stuff :D