May 15, 2024, 07:03:43 AM

Author Topic: Army of Darkness  (Read 6753 times)

FrostByte

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Army of Darkness
« on: January 24, 2014, 12:44:06 PM »
So I'm trying to assemble a Skeleton Soldier based necromancer deck, that I've dubbed the Army of Darkness.   However I have kind of stonewalled myself and am looking for some suggestions. 

Here how it stands now.

1 Necromancer

Conjurations

1 Graveyard [4]
2 Wall of Bones [2]
1 Archer's Watchtower [2]
1 Garrison Post [2]
1 Mana Crystal [2]

Creatures

3 Deathfang [6]
2 Grey Wraith [6]
1 Ravenous Ghoul [3]
2 Skeletal Archer [6]
2 Skeletal Knight [6]
5 Skeletal Minion [5]
1 Mort [4]

Enchantment
1 Rise Again [3]

Equipment
1 Cloak of Shadows [2]
1 Death Ring [1]
1 Deathshroud Staff [3]
1 Libro Mortuos [3]
1 Meditation Amulet [2]
1 Mage Wand [4]

Incantations
2 Animate Dead [6]
1 Dispel [2]
1 Dissolve [2]
3 Reassemble [3]
1 Unholy Resurgence [2]
1 Teleport [4]
3 Power Strike [3]

Attack Spells
2 Acid Ball [4]

That is right now a total of 92/120 spell points.  I've got plenty of room to work with and am open to ideas.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Army of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »
If you're going double spawnpoint, then Garrison Post is useless to you. It won't let you summon to its zone if the summon comes from a spawnpoint.

A couple of things you're missing:
Elemental Cloak (better than Cloak of Shadows in many situations)
1x Teleport (2 is the minimum number for non-Wizards)
2-3x Dispel (3 is the minimum number of Dispels for non-Wizards, but 4 is better)
2-3x Dissolve (3 is the minimum number of Dissolves for non-Water-Wizards or non-Druids, but 4 is better)
Battle Fury (best War spell in the game currently)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 12:52:47 PM »
I would add in more Dispel and Dissolves. Maybe Dark Flying (Lord of Fire) support and a way to get a poison marker on as many creatures as you can to leverage Plague Master.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Alexander West

• Falconer
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
I'd be worried about running out of summons, but maybe our metas and playstyles are different?

I really like how the spell Fortified Position interacts with creatures with 0-1 armor, and feel like it could be good for Skeletons.  I can appreciate if you're trying to run 0 Enchantments and just making all of your opponent's Dispels useless.

I usually want access to some armor for my Mage, favoring Dragonscale Hauberk and Leather Gloves.  (I like Eagleclaw boots for my feet, hence no Leather Boots.)  I also like a way of regaining life like Regrowth Belt or Death Link.

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not is a fool for a lifetime."

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 01:20:06 PM »
I really like how the spell Fortified Position interacts with creatures with 0-1 armor, and feel like it could be good for Skeletons.
Truth

I usually want access to some armor for my Mage, favoring Dragonscale Hauberk and Leather Gloves.
The Truth always, you need some armor. I like to run Dragonscale and Strom Drake for Fire and Lightning protection. Choose the one that makes the best since and if it gets dissolved then equip up the other one.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

svvcDark

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:36:32 PM »
Being a Dark caster means that you have access to a lot of cheap curses which you might want to add. Agony and Ghoul Rot are particular favorites, and Death Link can be very useful.