May 02, 2024, 04:04:50 PM

Author Topic: Best Ways to make a Feed the kralathor book  (Read 5086 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Best Ways to make a Feed the kralathor book
« on: July 31, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
See title.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Best Ways to make a Feed the kralathor book
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:19:13 AM »
Feed him asps
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

aridigas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 11:52:53 AM »
Once you fed him Asps, feed him more Asps.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:09:05 PM »
I agree with feeding him asps. However, you need to have more than just Kralathor as a threat.  Buddy builds are easy to counter. My Straywood got to the enemy with a buffed K and then cast a grizzly by turn 5.  it was a lot of fun...what wasn't so fun was getting 4 boulders to the face because I had neglected my own defenses.  So you have to balance feeding k and getting another threat and protecting yourself.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
I actually don't like the feed big k strat. Tbh its really funny to watch and a wonderfully creative idea, but every time ive faced one ive beaten it. It falls into a similar category as turbo enchant, in that its going to cost you consistent actions and mana to keep cranking out a 16 mana creature early and then at least one tiny critter a turn. It also keeps you pinned down if you aren't playing a straywood beastmaster as everyone but him needs a full action to cast a creature (excepting Tataree of course but we're not taking about bugs right now). You want at least 3 growth tokens to make it worth the commitment so that's 3 asps and 3 actions you don't have anymore. The last time someone fed big k on me i built up a few creatures then put k to sleep and abducted him. Poor guy never even got close enough to try and wake him up. I bet he would have rather had those 3 asps still generating actions for him at that point. Imho it just takes up too many actions while obliterating your own creatures in the process.
It's fun, it's funny, it's brilliant, but i just don't think it's competitive enough. If you just gotta do it though the arcane duels guys did a pretty good job of it, as did both Sharkey and puddn, and i belive there is video evidence to that effect. Check them out
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 09:38:28 PM »
I actually don't like the feed big k strat. Tbh its really funny to watch and a wonderfully creative idea, but every time ive faced one ive beaten it.

I do agree.
If you want to include Kralathor in your book, that's great.
He is a really cool creature that works wonders vs minor creatures and undead opponents.
And I think these situations are the only situations he should be played. Put him in play, buff him with rhino hide and perhaps bear strength and let him do his magic.

If u want to invest into a nature creature I would suggest using the Steelclaw Grizzly instead, gets a higher amount of dice faster, has more Armor and with a regrowth on him he becomes very hard to kill.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:40:38 PM by Drefan »
Octagon user: Drefan

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 07:49:08 AM »
In my druid build I rarely play Kralathor.

He only come out agains swarm decks where I can eat a lot of things quickly

Undead where he gets that extra attack dice

Or I'm getting Desperate and I need something that seems menacing.

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »
In my druid build I rarely play Kralathor.

He only come out agains swarm decks where I can eat a lot of things quickly

Undead where he gets that extra attack dice

Or I'm getting Desperate and I need something that seems menacing.

That it, right there- cast K when you already have a small swarm going- the enemy mage will target K, basically freeing up your smaller creatures to hit.

No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

Squirrelmaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 06:40:58 AM »
I really like Kralathor, but he is very situational. I've only cast him late in the game and he usually has no huge effect on the game or Iv'e cast him early and he gets squashed. I do like the idea of feeding him something, but maybe only one, throw a rhino hide on him and then let him loose.
the one time he really worked well was I cast him say 6 turns in and right next to the Warlords barracks, that had just summoned a goblin grunt, cast rouse the beast and ate the grunt in one mouthful. That was fun. Kralathor then manged to eat a goblin slinger over the next two turns.

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 09:35:11 AM »
I really like Kralathor, but he is very situational. I've only cast him late in the game and he usually has no huge effect on the game or Iv'e cast him early and he gets squashed. I do like the idea of feeding him something, but maybe only one, throw a rhino hide on him and then let him loose.
the one time he really worked well was I cast him say 6 turns in and right next to the Warlords barracks, that had just summoned a goblin grunt, cast rouse the beast and ate the grunt in one mouthful. That was fun. Kralathor then manged to eat a goblin slinger over the next two turns.

Agree- timing with K is key.
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung