May 02, 2024, 05:19:51 PM

Author Topic: Calling All Adramelech Experts  (Read 13644 times)

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Calling All Adramelech Experts
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
Creatures immune to the conditions subtype do not receive the condition at all.. The Emerald Tegu rolls his effect die, but it his Rot token cannot be placed on the Necromancer.

Immunity prevents them from being a legal recipient.

Immunity, codes pg 41: This object is immune to all attacks, damages, CONDITIONS and EFFECTS of the specifed damage type.

Burns are a Flame effect and Flame condition (as defined in their codex entry), a creature who is Flame Immune, or Burnproof cannot actually recieve the Burn Marker.

A Marker is never put on a creature then sit idle doing nothing.. it simply doesnt get placed.  Much like if that same Emerald Tegu was attacking a poison immune Mana Crystal..it wouldnt stack up Rots on said Mana Crystal. 

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »
Well...no, but because from the wording of immunity, you can't target the necro with the spell, so you gain 6 life for 16 mana, yet tainted doesn't work,

Double false.

I can target the necro.

The effect will be nothing. No tainted markers placed because he is immune to poisen thus no healing done.

Shifthappens

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »
my bad, i've written it wrongly here, wont the warlock in question still get the 6 life anyway?

Also, has anyone tried the adramelech warlock with few bigs creatures and a focus on fire damage to kill the mage? I'm uncertain of the efficiency of the wildfire imps because of their frailty so i'm wondering about the other strategies.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
Actually the Supplement clarifies that Drain Soul only lets you gain life, if you placed the tainted markers.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »

Actually the Supplement clarifies that Drain Soul only lets you gain life, if you placed the tainted markers.

That's why it's called DRAIN life, and not Tainted Reward or something like that. Then again, that makes me wonder why the mana drain effect is called mana DRAIN, If the mana is being eliminated rather than drained...
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 08:38:19 AM »
I am still trying to make a build with her that I like but I do not use the Pentagram for the 18 mana it costs to deploy it and a harmonize I feel that I can put that mana to better use.

Dr.Cornelius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »
I am still trying to make a build with her that I like but I do not use the Pentagram for the 18 mana it costs to deploy it and a harmonize I feel that I can put that mana to better use.
No question an effective Adramelech Warlock book can be built without Pentagram + Harmonize.  But the relevant question is: 

Is there a non Pentagram + Harmonize book (i.e. non-swarm) which the Adramelech Warlock will run stronger than the classic Warlock?   Since the AW's strongest ability (Smoldering Curses) scales with the number of creatures she has in play, I suspect not. 

Similarly, I do not believe it is possible to build an AW Blaster style book which is stronger than a similar book run by a Fire Wizard.

Swarm is pretty much the AW's only substantial advantage, so if you are interested in optimizing go with swarm or pick a different mage.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »

No question an effective Adramelech Warlock book can be built without Pentagram + Harmonize.  But the relevant question is: 

Is there a non Pentagram + Harmonize book (i.e. non-swarm) which the Adramelech Warlock will run stronger than the classic Warlock?   Since the AW's strongest ability (Smoldering Curses) scales with the number of creatures she has in play, I suspect not. 

Similarly, I do not believe it is possible to build an AW Blaster style book which is stronger than a similar book run by a Fire Wizard.

Swarm is pretty much the AW's only substantial advantage, so if you are interested in optimizing go with swarm or pick a different mage.

Just because her smoldering flames ability is more useful the more creatures she has doesn't mean that swarm is her only competitive option. I suspect she'd also do well with a few big strategy.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.