May 14, 2024, 01:31:21 AM

Author Topic: What do you think of my Necromancer book?  (Read 9248 times)

Cvntvs

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of my Necromancer book?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
It's good to see a Necro that is utilizing skeletons instead of zombies. I've been wanting to make one for a while but couldn't think of a good way to do it.

I'm curious though, what was your strategy against other Necromancers since the Idol and Deathlock basically did nothing?

Well, also keep in mind that ghoul rot, poisoned blood, weak and tainted won't work on him either.  It really will take most of my primary weapons away from me, but it also takes away a lot of his as well.  Check out the link I just added to the above post to read a description of how I handled a match against an opposing necromancer.  Basically, I used a teleport to separate my opponent from his zombie hordes, plopped him close to my skeleton hordes and then used walls and hindering to keep him from getting away. 

Enchantments like ghoul rot does not work on necro? I think they do cause they are enchantments, not condition markers and are not connected with poison dmg type. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Gizzu

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 05:29:56 AM »

Gizzu, if you (or anyone for that matter) uses the book I would love to here how it goes.  Thanks!

Will do. I usually play NecroZombie books, because of resilience, and i'm very curious about skellies  ;D

CYA
G.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 08:30:40 AM »
It's good to see a Necro that is utilizing skeletons instead of zombies. I've been wanting to make one for a while but couldn't think of a good way to do it.

I'm curious though, what was your strategy against other Necromancers since the Idol and Deathlock basically did nothing?

Well, also keep in mind that ghoul rot, poisoned blood, weak and tainted won't work on him either.  It really will take most of my primary weapons away from me, but it also takes away a lot of his as well.  Check out the link I just added to the above post to read a description of how I handled a match against an opposing necromancer.  Basically, I used a teleport to separate my opponent from his zombie hordes, plopped him close to my skeleton hordes and then used walls and hindering to keep him from getting away. 

Enchantments like ghoul rot does not work on necro? I think they do cause they are enchantments, not condition markers and are not connected with poison dmg type. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Ghoul Rot has the Poison Subtype. Since the Necro is Poison Immune, Ghoul Rot will not be able to attach to him.