May 09, 2024, 03:52:19 PM

Author Topic: Can you put your wiz tower in the same zone as the opponent's wiz tower?  (Read 3170 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I'm not sure, and I'm surprised that I either have forgotten this or didn't know it before, lol. Please clarify this! Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

aridigas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
A zone cannot have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it. Same thing with creatures and enchantments.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
A zone cannot have multiple conjurations or enchantments with the same name attached to it the same way that creatures cannot have multiple conjurations or enchantments with the same name attached to them.

So no, you cannot have 2 Wizard's Towers in the same zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Exactly. The duplicates rule applies here. Though the duplicates rule is stated independently for each class of object, it is basically a universal rule that can be summarized as: "You can't have more than one copy of an object attached to the same thing."

Creatures are the only object that this rule doesn't really apply to, but I chalk that up to them being the only object that isn't ever attached to anything. Even rooted creatures aren't technically attached to the zone. If a creature is ever printed that actually attaches to something, then we could discuss whether or not this otherwise "universal" rule applies to them, but it most certainly does for all of the other objects (equipment, conjurations, and enchantments).

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
i wasn't sure about if a zone is an object, therefore the question dubilcate rule is for objects.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
enchantment with the same name attached to that same object or zone, the newly revealed enchantment is immediately discarded without effect. Players cannot cast an enchantment which targets a zone or object if there is either (a) a friendly hidden enchantment with the same name attached to that zone or object, or (b) a revealed enchantment with the same name (friendly or enemy) attached to that zone or object. Note that it is possible to attach a duplicate enchantment to the same zone or object as an opponent’s hidden enchantment. This would be unintentional or accidental, because you will not know that the duplication exists. Later, if the enemy hidden enchantment is revealed, you will realize that you have attached a duplicate enchantment to the same object. When this occurs, you may leave the duplicate enchantment in play as a hidden enchantment. If you later reveal that enchantment while the duplicate is still attached, you will have to destroy and discard the newer copy which you just revealed without it having any effect. When you reveal an enchantment, you only discard it without effect if there is another revealed enchantment of the same name attached to that zone or object. A hidden enchantment of the same name does not cause you to discard the newly revealed enchantment.

is about enchantments, equipment rings is also clear in the codex

Most conjurations are zone exclusive so clear anyway. So also not two corrosive orcheds in a zone?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:27:16 PM by Mystery »

aridigas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rules P.16
Most conjurations target a zone, and are attached to that zone. When you cast one of these spells, place the conjuration face up in the target zone. A zone may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it.

Nope, just one orchid per zone. You may have several tanglevines in one zone, as they are attached to creatures, not zones. But each creature may only have one tanglevine on them. It would be allowed to put a tanglevine and a strangevine on one creature though...

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
i wasn't sure about if a zone is an object, therefore the question dubilcate rule is for objects.

The codex defines objects, saying that Creatures, Conjurations, Enchantment, and Equipment all become objects AFTER they are cast, and the Mage is also an object. So, you are correct that Zones are not objects. Thus, why I stated the rule as "You can't have more than one copy of an object attached to the same thing." It might not be a very precise term, but here I was using thing to mean anything that might have objects attached to it.

The specific place for Conjurations is on page 16 of the English Rulebook v3, where it says "A zone may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it" and a separate sentence that says "An object may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it." These mirror similar rules to be found in the Enchantment and Equipment section, thus why I lump them all into a universal rule.

Technically, there is no such section for Creatures, which is why my universal rule is a little dangerous as a generalization. However, since there are no Creatures that currently attach to anything, I feel safe with my universal rule. Just have to remain vigilant for any new expansions which may force me to reevaluate it.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
not that it ever came up up to now, cool thanks i was just looking in the codex up to know, is absolutely clear in the rulebook