May 03, 2024, 11:34:24 AM

Author Topic: Dresden  (Read 5275 times)

Hemlock

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Dresden
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
I would love a Wizard patterned after the Harry Dresden character from the book series.

Even now, when reading the books, I can see his battles in terms of Mage Wars spell cards.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Nitz

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
Wouldn't that just be a fire based Wizard?  I think you could build one that sorta felt like Dresden, and I"m not sure how one based on him (IP's aside) would be much different that that.  He could use the Alpha Wolf as Mouse, get a staff, hurl fire, etc.

flamespeak

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:14 AM »
Well, Dresden was good at fire and ice (ice being better now that he is the winter knight). He has employeed demons and spirits in the past as well as a multitude of fairies, but isn't a fan of any of them. A pretty good all rounder.

Given the thematic setting of Mage Wars though it wouldn't really fit to have a leather duster wearing wizard blast a werewolf in the face with a .44 revolver. Unless we were talking a Mage Wars Modern expansion. Giving my goblin a rocket launcher and having my elf archer with a .50 sniper rifle would be pretty nice. You could employ the walking techbane aspect of the Dresden universe to keep from pumping modern tech onto the wizards as well.

Dsims37

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »
I wanted to agree, I immediately thought of Harry's battle with Aryana in Changes when I first saw a review of this game.