May 04, 2024, 07:37:19 AM

Author Topic: angry dwarf  (Read 2353 times)

Kanedio

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
angry dwarf
« on: December 18, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]aggressive dwarf[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Anvil Throne Warlord Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWA04]3 x Hurl Boulder[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFA02]3 x Hurl Rock[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]1 x Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWPROMO4]1 x Ballista[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J12]1 x Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNW01]2 x Bloodspine Wall[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKC07]2 x Dwarf Panzergarde[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC01]2 x Dwarf Kriegsbiel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO80]2 x Dwarf Kriegshammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC05]2 x Anvil Throne Crossbowman[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC06]2 x Goblin Alchemist[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1E36]2 x Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E01]2 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]3 x Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE06]1 x Fortified Position[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE09]1 x Standard Bearer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E21]1 x Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI10]1 x Whirling Strike[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ05]2 x Harshforge Plate[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ05]1 x Helm of Command[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q11]1 x Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ04]1 x Reflex Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q07]1 x Elemental Cloak[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ06]1 x Morning Star[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ11]1 x War Sledge[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1I28]3 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI17]2 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I06]2 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I07]2 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I04]2 x Charge[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

hello guys,
basicly my intention is to close the opponent very soon and keep him busy into defending himself rather than playing his own strategy. this is the idea but i'd like some tips before trying it vs an actual opponent :)

R1 -19 :mana crystal+panzerguard;
R2-13 :move 2 straight,move 2 panzer,final qc ballista
R3 -15 : let panzerguard go and protect ballista from fireball,forcepush u to ballista's zone and summon a big dwarf the crossbow would be perfect if u plan to stay away otherwise a goblin to save mana o a kriegsbiel if your opponent is swarming.

That s the idea,now i'm asking your help to make this spellbook actually viable

Pelthar

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: angry dwarf
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:44:49 AM »
It's nice to see the dwarf getting some action.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: angry dwarf
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:24:20 PM »
Hi there! this looks interesting. ive got a few questions though maybe you can shed some light for me.

first of all 3 teleports? thats 18 SP! I wonder what you feel you need that many for? are you primarily using them for positioning? to pull the enemy into traps? it just seems to me that if you want to be in his face and destroying stuff you wont have the time to use 3 teleports. you can pull one teleport, add 4 charges, and still have change and 2 teleports left. its up to you but i dunno if you need all that teleportation.

2nd, that War Sledge is an awful weapon imho. it uses both hands, has a full round attack thats not great and your not battleforging so youre going to have to hard cast him. id stick with the morning star and make sure those attacks stick. Youve got a whirling strike if you really need sweeping, or a Kreigsbiel, you should be fine without it.

3. you might consider a shift enchantment. its novice so it wont cost and arm and a leg, and it could be useful if your standard bearer is gonna die, or if the fight has moved away from your fortified position.

4. You have an incredibly large number of creatures for not having any spawnpoints. Even that wouldnt be a huge problem but you want to be in his face immediately, you wont have time to drop more than one or two before you are fighting for your life. you should either limit the creature selection a bit, or grab yourself a spawnpoint and an outpost so you can sling those creatures from the back row and deploy them elsewhere. Im just afraid that one or two lightning bolts or surging waves will ruin your plan. stun and slam are brutal.

5. just a little thing, but you could save an SP if you use mana flower instead of mana crystal. just a thought.

6. Not for nothing but you've got a lot of equipment and you're gonna hard cast all of it. you might consider a battleforge.

7. You have no way of stopping anything from moving or porting or slamming down the guard for you or the panzerguard. that means if you have plans to guard that ballista from fireballs with your dwarf panzerguard, it can just get forcepushed out of the zone and the fireball/flameblast/boulder will fly through unimpeded and you've got no backup for the ballista. Also a well placed wall will ruin the ballistas day as well. maybe run a nullify or two, i know they are expensive but they have uses. or use arcane ward if you have academy.

8. beware being the rusher. My druid loves it when she gets rushed! youll get wall of thorns pushed when you get too close with no armor on. maybe another reason for a nullify.

Anyway i feel like ill just be being nit picky if i go much deeper. but i think with a few tweaks this thing could really put some hurt on. keep at it and let us know how it worked out! hope i could be helpful, Best of luck!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!