May 04, 2024, 09:46:18 AM

Author Topic: Angry Druid hurling rocks!  (Read 2313 times)

Mutter

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Angry Druid hurling rocks!
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:54:43 AM »
Okay, this is my first attempt at something like this, and the whole idea is still very much an ongoing process, so no finished spellbook yet, and no first moves. I'm hoping to develop those.

Now, the basic idea might be totally stupid, but while tweaking my fireball-hurling Warlock, I was thinking how nice it would be to use [mwcard=MW1C13]Fellella, Pixie Familiar[/mwcard] in such a deck, since I'm casting a ton of curses and enchants on myself.

THEN I thought, maybe it's possible to design an angry rock-hurling druid that plays very similar to the curse & fire-laden Warlock.

So the basic premise would be to play Fellalla early and then load up on tons of enchantments for one or two turns (both friendly and hostile curses) and then go on the all-out attack with [mwcard=MWSTX2FFA02]Hurl Rock[/mwcard] and transfer all curses via [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] to the opponent.

To conserve mana, the aim is to hurl two rocks per turn for 12 damage (hawkeye), plus whatever damage the curses do.

The main barrage can start as early as turn three.

What do you think, could this work?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:04:23 AM by Mutter »

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Angry Druid hurling rocks!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
Hi Mutter!  I think it could work out, but I would pay very close attention to how many "extra" points you're spending on [mwcard=MWSTX2FFA02]Hurl Rock[/mwcard] and [mwcard=FWA04]Hurl Boulder[/mwcard].  While [mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]Surging Wave[/mwcard] doesn't do 6 dice of damage, it could still do 4 with your hawkeye and a potential push through a [mwcard=DNW01]Bloodspine Wall[/mwcard] for 3 plus bleed or a [mwcard=MW1W04]Wall of Thorns[/mwcard] for 10 dice.

I would assume that you would include [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]Akiro's Favor[/mwcard] in a book like this anyway.

Let us know how it goes!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »
I think you're onto something Mutter. You should also consider a Marked for Death as one of your curses to get more out of your attack spells. It's like getting a second hawkeye for a little more mana! As you play the book more and more you may start seeing the ceiling for skill on an exclusive attack spell mage. Don't be afraid to branch out to new things after that!

Also the Druid is great with Hurl rock because of her water training. When you use earth spells you tend to want to reduce their armor first as they usually have high dice. Dissolve, Acid Balls and Rust (another great curse to include) come cheap for the druid and don't be afraid to pull one out as a just in case cast.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Mutter

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 02:03:42 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.
Last night I stumbled across the Johktari Rushmaster and realized that there is some similarity to my concept. Will see if I can gain any wisdom from studying that book. :)

Akiro's Favor will be included - once we finally get FiF here in German. :-/
(But the same goes for Hurl Rock, so I'll see if I can design an in-between version without any FiF spells.)

And about the ceiling - what I like about the idea of the book is that because of all the enchantments, I think it can shift gears quite well.
Going on the defensive and tanking should be possible just as much as whittling down the opponent with curses, if the direct damage route is blocked.