May 04, 2024, 11:28:10 AM

Author Topic: Air Wizard  (Read 16386 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Air Wizard
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
I like your gameplan a lot, and I'm a huge fan of the Snakes on a Plane flying Gorgon.

I think you may find, though, that disciplined players with aggressive decks will find ways to break your Gate before it pays back its investment, and then use that tempo gain to hound your Wizard and try to melee your Wizard directly, while building up a mana reserve. You can always try to race with lightning, but Forcemaster, especially, is dangerous to race because of her Defense and Force Field, and both Warlock and Beastmaster can put out quite a lot of hurt in a short period of time, too.

In my Nonstandard Beastmaster book, I initially had 2x Dispel and 2x Seeking Dispel, but I found, much like you said, that the threat of Seeking Dispel was just as strong as the execution. So much so, that it caused my opponent to reveal enchantments immediately. This often stranded Seeking Dispel in my book, or worse, in my hand. Seeking Dispel is so mana efficient that often my opponent just played around it, and I lost half of my enchantment hate. Long story short, I play 3x Dispel and 1x Seeking Dispel now, and I think it's an improvement.

What's your plan for the mirror match against another Air Wizard or an Earth Wizard or even an Angel Priestess? You've got a lot of cards to delay agro, but if the enemy mage stays out of range might you have a problem?

>Snakes on a Plane flying Gorgon
lel xD

I can definitely speak for what you just said about destroying spawnpoints. Whenever an opponent brings out a spawnpoint I try to destroy it. If you are able to do so before the spawnpoint breaks even you will disrupt their strategy and will have caused them to waste mana.

I used to run Seeking Dispel but I don't anymore for the reasons you just described.
"See you space cowboy..."

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
spawnpoint with hydra in same square... what to do. let hydra full attack you or let the spawnpoint live, decisions decisions
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:25 AM »
Oh - and a really like to teleport a baddie into a teleport trap.  saves some mana and gets me the 3 squares.

This is delicious.

Never thought to do that.
Huh...
"See you space cowboy..."