May 09, 2024, 10:37:16 AM

Author Topic: I want a dragon and other various critters.  (Read 8300 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
I want a dragon and other various critters.
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:41:11 AM »
Ok I got to thinking about creatures I'd like to see added. Here's a list of them, please feel free to add onto it.

-Dragon. I don't care what Mage gets to cast a dragon that mage is now my new favorite Mage. Preferably the fire breathing terror inducing kind, but acid breathing black dragons are cool too.

-I want a T-Rex. The acid spitting raptor is cool but is it as cool as a lazer shooting T-Rex would be? Nope. Not even close.

-Griffin. On the cover art of the box one of the mages has a griffin. Griffins are cool and powerful creatures. They could have a preferred diet of Thunderift Falcons and Guardian Angels :)

-An ill tempered mutated sea bass. I can only assume the entire premise of the Siren is to give us said sea bass, otherwise why make a water mage to begin with?

-Trapdoor spider. I'm terrified of spiders so I assume everyone else on Earth is too. But think about it, a creature you could play face down like a trap, then when the enemy mage comes in AHHHHH SPIDER!!!

-Some other type of ape. Monkeys are great, everything is better with them, just look what they've done for barrels. The Mountain Gorilla is cool but the more monkey business the better I say.

Also it's almost 2am on a rainy Saturday morning here in the Queen City, so I'm a bit bored at work.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: I want a dragon and other various critters.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 03:20:08 AM »
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:31:19 AM »
An ill tempered mutated sea bass.

Lol

Also in reference to that if it could be a familiar that'd be awesome thanks!
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:34 AM »
I'm 100% behind you on more dinosaurs and more spiders. And speaking of spiders: the insect sub-type.* I think giant wolf spiders and icthellids are interesting, but no ones uses them because the sub-type doesn't synergize with anything. If we could get some conjurations or equipment or something that synergized with insects I'd be real happy.

*I know, spiders aren't insects. That's not the conversation I'm trying to have right now. But if we were having that conversation I'd say I wish they'd had the arthropod sub-type instead. That would've made my inner science nerd happy and, if we every do get anything that synergizes with the sub-type, I'd have more options because the siren's probable giant crab monsters would also get the arthropod sub-type.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
How about an insectoid (or arthropod) mage? This is fantasy. Some kind of intelligent bug that acts kind of like the queen bee and produces swarms of insects to consume their opponent could be cool.

My biggest desire is for centaurs though. I'd be okay if they were just a normal critter, but again a mage would be awesome. They are my favorite fantasy race and I would automatically build a book around them.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »
I wonder if WoTC owns a trademark on spider centaurs.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »
They do not  :D

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »
How about an insectoid (or arthropod) mage? This is fantasy. Some kind of intelligent bug that acts kind of like the queen bee and produces swarms of insects to consume their opponent could be cool.

That would be a damn cool alt druid. Hive plants. Ants. Pitcher plants. Drop of honey.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
1) I love dinosaurs. I may or may not have had a conversation with Bryan about how I'd love to have more dinosaurs in the game.

2) Wouldn't you rather have Sharks with Frickn' Laser Beams attached to their foreheads?

3) I love bugs. Specifically I think you should look up the bombardier beetle. I love pyrotechnics.

4) Orangutans are where it's at.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »
1) I love dinosaurs. I may or may not have had a conversation with Bryan about how I'd love to have more dinosaurs in the game.

2) Wouldn't you rather have Sharks with Frickn' Laser Beams attached to their foreheads?

3) I love bugs. Specifically I think you should look up the bombardier beetle. I love pyrotechnics.

4) Orangutans are where it's at.

No I'd rather have a T-Rex that shoots lazers :) Though a lazer shooting plesiosaur  would have merit too.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 08:03:20 PM »
We can have the dinosaurs and the lasers in the Time Traveler vs Prehistoric Shaman expansion.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »
Though in reference to Laddinfaces previous question if the Siren is Water and Air trained I wouldn't be opposed to her getting some sort of tornado/shark hybrid. Like a Torna-Shark or some other such awesome name for something like that.

Alexander West

• Falconer
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 04:53:36 PM »
If there was a dragon, I'd be interested in it being a Mage.  I like the idea that they are equally or more powerful than mortals, and not their servants.  Maybe Great Dragons are mages, and lesser dragons can be summoned.
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not is a fool for a lifetime."

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »
I'd be cool with a Dragon Master actually. Have some low level drakes and what not, then build up to an epic beast. I guess it all comes down to how intelligent dragons are in Etheria.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 01:13:27 AM »
If/When they release the archmage set, I think it should be be some ancient or immortal dragon. That would be pretty sweet.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog