May 01, 2024, 06:45:47 PM

Author Topic: Ballista  (Read 5548 times)

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Ballista
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:32 PM »
Perhaps a Ballista could be a conjuration that has an attack of 8 but also requires the d12 roll with 1 - 8 miss and 9 - 12 hit. But it would have a ready marker that can only be used if a soldier creature spends a full action to use and can only get the marker refreshed by another full action from a soldier creature. Have to form a crew to operate. Could be the same for other warmachine types also.

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ballista
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
There has been a previous topic on "Spells I'd like to see" under the Spells thread - that this should be under (although it has been dead for 1 month now)

however your Ballista as conjuration requiring a crew in theory could work - however it is a massive combo that is very weak on defence, as all your opponent needs to do is pop off one of the crew and splat Ballista useless - it would only really work for extremely large games with two or more arena boards, it focuses too much on relying on what you need to get out to get it to work - rather than what is happening in the arena

thats how i see it anyway

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
You could use it with one soldier, but fire every other turn. Big combo but big damage. Should have a range of 2-4.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »
Currently the community is in favor of allowing necroposting if you are posting something relevant. In this case I would add your comments and ideas to the above recommended thread
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:18:57 AM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage