May 10, 2024, 11:27:43 PM

Author Topic: Not Impressed with Druid  (Read 10646 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Not Impressed with Druid
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
Very true DarthDadaD20.

Advice for people who hate playing as Druid:
1) Don't forget about your training in water! Dissolve, Acid Ball, Surging Wave, and Renewing Rain are very helpful.
2) Don't take to long setting up. You want to be aggressive.
3) Conjurations are really your best friend. Tanglevine and Bloodspine Wall are great for containing threats and they really make the most of your vine markers.
4) If you don't use Barksin, Treebond early, and cast Leaf Ring on your mage then you won't be mana starved.
5) Mohktari's Branch is extremely valuable. Don't forget to use it.
6) Burst of Thorns can be used to waste an opponent's Nullify since it is technically an enchantment. Plus it gets around Block (for the same reason).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:05:14 PM by MrSaucy »
"See you space cowboy..."

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Very true DarthDadaD20.

1) Don't forget about your training in water! Dissolve, Acid Ball, Surging Wave, and Renewing Rain are very helpful.
3) Conjurations are really your best friend. Tanglevine and Bloodspine Wall are great for containing threats and they really make the most of your vine markers.
4) If you don't use Barksin, Treebond early, and cast Leaf Ring on your mage then you won't be mana starved.
6) Burst of Thorns can be used to waste an opponent's Nullify since it is technically an enchantment. Plus it gets around Block (for the same reason).

Burst of Thorns is an INCANTATION, and it targets your VINE MARKER, not the enemy mage. It doesn't trigger Nullify, ever. And it will trigger a Block since it causes the Vine Marker to attack the target.

tarkin84

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »

Burst of thorns targets a Vine marker, not the creature enchanted with Nullify, so it won't trigger. And once you ressolve Burst of thorns it creates a ranged attack against a single creature so if the target has a face down Block, it will trigger during the avoid step.

Edit: I was too slow :D
My Mage Wars blog (in Spanish): www.gatetovoltari.blogspot.com

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »
It can be used to waste Reverse Attacks though, since RA will try to bounce the attack back to its vine marker source instead of the Druid who cast the spell. 

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
Very true DarthDadaD20.

Ok- Yeah- number 6 was a bit off- it happens, this is not a easy game  ;D .

But very nice summery there Mr.Saucy. All of it may be debatable, but if you are having problems with the druid- this is a great summery of things you should try. And with every mage- try and switch up play styles.

Example: back last year, I was never happy with the wizard...but I never tried to play him aggressively. Now I play the wizard very aggressively and love that mage.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »
Sorry about the mix up with Burst of Thorns. Never actually used it against somebody with a Nullify under them so it was just an idea (a wrong one).

Definitely true that every mage requires a different style of play. Simply trying to be more defensive or more offensive with a mage can have drastic consequences.
"See you space cowboy..."