May 06, 2024, 05:28:53 PM

Author Topic: Question about enchanting a spawnpoint  (Read 2061 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Question about enchanting a spawnpoint
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
So i don't know if this is covered somewhere but ive got an interesting querry come up about equipment spawnpoints like echo of the depths and libro mortuos. If i were to harmonize my libro or echo, then subsequently cast another piece of equipment over it (like a mage wand or a trident), does the harmonize go to the graveyard or back into the book with the spawnpoint?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Question about enchanting a spawnpoint
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 05:36:14 PM »
Page 14 of the Supplement, under the section for Returning Spells to your Spellbook. "When an object in play returns to your spellbook, everything attached to it is destroyed and discarded. This includes damage, condition markers, tokens, enchantments, and conjurations. Ability markers are returned to the owner’s Mage."

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
Just to avoid possible confusion, I will also mention the specific rules for the Spellbind trait overrule these general rules. Spellbind specifically states that if you return an Equipment object with the Spellbind trait to your spellbook, any spell bound to it is also returned to your spellbook. Page 21 of the Arena Core Rulebook.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »
Will also mention that despite the general rule that ability markers are returned to the owner's Mage, the specific rules for the Runes of the Anvil Throne Warlord state that they get permanently destroyed if what they're attached to gets returned to the spellbook. Page 3 of the Forged in Fire Rulebook.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:14:37 PM »
Thank you! Much appreciated. That was my inclination anyway just making sure
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!