May 16, 2024, 05:40:02 PM

Author Topic: UK interest  (Read 52185 times)

jk_selwyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: UK interest
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »
Funnily enough, there is a board game meet up at the Mad Hatter on the 5th Jan anyway, this means that I'll be there no matter what. If people can let me know, I'll talk to the organiser just so he has a heads up, he won't mind the extra numbers.
Hopefully see some people there. And if there are any londoners who want to meet up for a game, pm me, we can hook up soon :-)

aravar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2013, 04:02:05 AM »
Hey guys, hope you all had nice Christmas's. Are people still on for meeting up to play some Mage Wars at the Mad Hatter this Sunday?

I'm good to come, and I'm assuming jk_selwyn is still planning to go, any other takers?

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2013, 06:09:03 AM »
Hi aravar

Would you or jk-selwyn be willing to help playtest possible next set cards?
You will have to keep schtum about any of them in any forum though

Because the litte mage wars I get these days is spent testing cards in sub-optimal or oversynergetic books...
I will try to make it

Have fond (hazy) memories of gaming at the Mad Hatter from my London days...
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

aravar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »
Hi DeckBuilder, I'm happy to test possible next set cards. I'd like play a bit of normal Mage Wars too, but should be able to fit some playtesting in.

What time are others planning to get there? I'm probably going to pop along to the Sunday Assembly in the morning, so should be there around 1ish.

aravar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2014, 11:30:45 AM »
Thanks for suggesting the Mad Hatter jk_selwyn!  It was a good place to play, plus all the others playing games there seemed really nice.

Good game too. I look forward to our rematch! I've no idea when they are next having a board game meet, do you know where it is announced?

jk_selwyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
yes, it was a good day, thanks for turning up, it was great to get a game in.
the event is available on the meetup website, it's called 'couples and board games', but as it's grown it's become open to singles and couples. the next one it's on the 9th Feb.
if others on this site are still up for arranging further games, just let me know :-)

aravar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »
Hi jk_selwyn are you up for playing another game of Mage Wars this weekend?

Anyone also interested in coming along too?

Polylux1

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Hello, I live in Fulham and I'm excited there are some meetings in Waterloo. I completely fell in love with this game and can't wait to play as often as possible...

I could be hopefully free on Sunday (what time?) but this weekend depends on a lot of other factors, sadly...

jk_selwyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2014, 07:53:49 AM »
Sorry, I've only just seen this. While there is a board game meet up at the Mad Hatter on Sunday (9th Feb), to which you are welcome, I personally have set up a game of Caverna, which takes a while, I doubt I'll be able fit in a game of mage wars.
please feel free to come along and play, but if you'd like to have more people available, I suggest we plan something for mid March, to give people time to join in and free a weekend.
let me know what's convenient :-)

aravar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2014, 04:56:29 AM »
Jk_selwyn - no worries I left it a bit late as I wasn't sure if I would make it. Mid-March would probably work (but might depend the exact date)

Polylux1 - it would be good to play a game of Mage Wars. I think last time I went along around 1ish, and had time to play a game and chat to people. Everyone seemed very nice, although they were all playing other games. I'm thinking I'll head along at the same sortof time this Sunday and then play it by ear. If you're definitely coming, let me know when and I'll make sure I'm free.

jk_selwyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2014, 07:40:18 AM »
so I've finally found somewhere to accommodate mage wars meet ups.
it's a game group that meets in Wandsworth on every Monday and Tuesday, and two Saturday's a month.

ogforum.co.uk/index.php (see the challenges section)

they are friendly and are always up for more people. they play a variety of games but do focus on miniatures and the like.

hopefully see some people there soon :-)

CobaltGray

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »

Im based in Huntingdon. There were around 10 people playing mage wars at our games club last night so its really taken off with us lately. I'd be interested in any meet-ups or tournaments around by us (Cambridge? Bedford). I might be able to get others interested as well.

jk_selwyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »

Im based in Huntingdon. There were around 10 people playing mage wars at our games club last night so its really taken off with us lately. I'd be interested in any meet-ups or tournaments around by us (Cambridge? Bedford). I might be able to get others interested as well.

While I'm in London, if there was a tournament day, or something similar, I'd be up for coming along if it's in Cambridge, it's pretty easy to get to from here :)

YoungDave

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »
Bah, SciCobalt beat me to it - but only because I've been away at a 3-day wargaming bash in Coventry over the weekend, and not that long home.

Yup, this cracking game has really taken off in the Huntingdon club.  From a couple of us starting the game in mid- Jan this year, we've been teaching ourselves and others to the point where one of the guys put in a joint order for 16 base sets which arrived last week.  Aye, that's right - sixteen, so I'd say that we're getting the boys hooked.  And we've got premisis available that we can hire on a weekend for an event.

So here's to the future.....

Dave I

jk_selwyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2014, 06:06:54 AM »
16? that's awesome! slightly jealous, it's hard finding players, I've only met with Aravar so far from this forum.
That's sounds great,  SciCobalt, Young Dave,  let me know if you organise anything :-)