May 15, 2024, 04:48:09 PM

Poll

Spitting Raptor vs Flaming Hellion

Spitting Raptor
26 (81.3%)
Flaming Hellion
6 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Poll: Spitting Raptor vs Flaming Hellion  (Read 11173 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Poll: Spitting Raptor vs Flaming Hellion
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
True, but I hope Chitin Armor never gets released.
In the current state of the game where defensive play and armor stacking is already an issue imho, it would totally ruin the game  8)

Serious question - why do you think armor stacking is an issue? Not saying I disagree with you, but I'm curious if your reasons are what I believe. The more thorough the better.

I respect your opinion as a competitive player because of your previousthunderdome championship and currently advancing in thunderdome ndem g. I would love your insight.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:35:36 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:14 PM »
True, but I hope Chitin Armor never gets released.
In the current state of the game where defensive play and armor stacking is already an issue imho, it would totally ruin the game  8)

Serious question - why do you think armor stacking is an issue? Not saying I disagree with you, but I'm curious if your reasons are what I believe. The more thorough the better.

I respect your opinion as a competitive player because of your previousthunderdome championship and currently advancing in thunderdome ndem g. I would love your insight.

I´m also concerned about Chitin Armor and armor stacking in generally - cause games will take longer if people armor up. Getting the job done in 75 minutes or less should gets harder.

I do like long endless duels, but if you want to play live armor stacking might hurt.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 06:37:08 AM »
I also say currently armor is the Best and safest Strat for some mages, but i feel Most dont know how to Deal with it. The First thing why Do almost all people Run acid Ball?  is IT a nice card?  Yes
A must have card?  No!!!!
There are plenty of ways to remove corrodes. Maybe take dissolves instand of the acid Balls
And dissolve the right thing and Not always which is just Best for the next turn. High Tank with enough spare equipment Lacks killing Power or dispels against dot. So use that.

And never forget Piercing, a critical strike Dark pact slayer just ignores leather Boots vet Belt Chitin armor and rhino hide at once.

Chitin armor wont Change that, and I probably still run a dragonsacle in case, except if i'm a Natur mage

Back to the cards, both cool but for me they could have better surviveability

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
It took me more than a year before I noticed the hellions legs. I liked him better when he was a snake devil in my head.  ::)

And about armor, As stated in a previous tread I dont really think it is an issue at the moment, but chitin armor is a dangerous card. Im unsure wether I like it. Dot seems wayy stronger and harder to block.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 06:06:01 PM »
I don't like having a Flame-only attack, to be honest. You can't get through Earth Walls, and you can't attack a Battle Forge, for example. Also... to a much lesser extent... if you do land Burns, the Addy Warlock can just move them onto your Mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »
As far as Chitin armor goes there are ways to remove armor that arent acid based. yes acid ball gets run a lot for IMHO the following reasons. 1. removes armor at range 2 with (unless tough gets involved) at least 50 percent efficiency, 100 percent of the time. 2. against armorless opponents you are guaranteed damage, at least one (again without tough) 100 percent of the time. 3. over dissolve which is range one, does no damage, and usually costs 6 (if you are trying to destroy a chest piece). 4. cannot be nullified. and if it hits a Block you only lost (technically) 1 mana in the exchange. 5. sometimes you just need the direct damage ,zombies for example.'
'
Now for that very reason i voted for the raptor. His corrode is about the same on the effect die as the hellions ranged attack, but because the raptors range is 0 to 1 the corrode attack is always useful. and against unarmored opponents the direct damage from the corrode (if we assume the roll is 5+ in both cases) is going to work, where a burn or two each only have a 33 percent chance to do any damage at all. maybe its just me but my burns go out all the time (MY aggressive ones that is :( ). that and the 2 mana thing.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »

Now for that very reason i voted for the raptor. His corrode is about the same on the effect die as the hellions ranged attack, but because the raptors range is 0 to 1 the corrode attack is always useful. and against unarmored opponents the direct damage from the corrode (if we assume the roll is 5+ in both cases) is going to work, where a burn or two each only have a 33 percent chance to do any damage at all. maybe its just me but my burns go out all the time (MY aggressive ones that is :( ). that and the 2 mana thing.

A quick point: The burns have a 66% chance to do damage each. Got the numbers flipped :P
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 09:03:31 AM »
Flaming hellion, because of the burn stacking power, and because of DEFROST!!  8)   ;D