May 11, 2024, 10:49:05 PM

Author Topic: High-res images for mini-errata  (Read 7448 times)

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
High-res images for mini-errata
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:21:59 AM »
Firstly, thank you guys for making a great game.  I'm still pretty new but I very much enjoy Mage Wars and I look forward to seeing it grow as a game.

For a game as large as Mage Wars there will always be a few times when the rules need to re-worked slightly to ensure that the game stays balanced and that certain strategies can't be abused.  Toward's this end, Arcane Wonders has previously issued a few card errata (Battle Fury, Hand of Bim Shalla, and Temple of Light).  I've generally agreed with the rule changes and I've been very thankful that they have provided high resolution copies of the new cards (they can be found >>here<<).  Having high resolution versions of the errata'd cards means that I can print out the new cards onto vinyl stickers and stick the updated rules over the old rules on he card.  This means I can keep the current rules on the cards in my deck without the need for ugly proxies (or having to have a list of card to remember to look up the new rules for).

In addition to these larger errata there have been a few very small changes made to some cards between different printings of the game.  One example is the text correction for Malacoda, which makes his zone damage of a poison type.  Another example is the updated text for Idol of Pestilence (again to change the damage type to poison).  Now the FAQ has a pretty extensive list of these 'mini-errata' but currently I can't find any downloadable high-resolution copies to replace the face of my old-printing versions of these cards.  Are these resources available somewhere?  If anyone knows of any then I'd be most grateful if they could post the links here.  I'd be particularly interested in getting a copy of image for the newly updated rules on the Garrison Post.

I think in general it'd be great to have a list of errata's cards (even ones that have just had a minor change such as the mana subtype being added to the moonglow amulet) in one place with links to high-res images for them.  That way everyone could update their cards easily and avoid situations where players may argue which is the most up-to-date printing of the card.
Looking for an opponent in Bergen?  Check out my BGG profile and feel free to get in touch

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: High-res images for mini-errata
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
This has been done as a request to update the errata art to the Card Database by me a couple of times. I really hope it happens one of these days!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
i was asking about it in some other thread. hope it will show up somewhere soon. Skeletal Sentry also has new soldier subtype.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »
I haven't seen Pixel say anything on this topic and I typically do not cross post, but maybe we should bring it up on a section of the forum that he watches....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
Skeletal Sentry also has new soldier subtype.

Ooh has that been confirmed then?  I know it was a commonly requested subtype for Warlord players.
Looking for an opponent in Bergen?  Check out my BGG profile and feel free to get in touch

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »
It had been changed in the 3rd printing of the game. It is legit.

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »
This has been done as a request to update the errata art to the Card Database by me a couple of times. I really hope it happens one of these days!

Thank you ever so much for doing that.  Fingers crossed.  If there is anything I can do to help then I'd be happy to provide some of my programming skills.

lukard

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
i was asking about it in some other thread. hope it will show up somewhere soon. Skeletal Sentry also has new soldier subtype.

I just checked the Skeletal Sentry in the Card Database and it does not have the soldier subtype... It only shows: Undead, Skeleton.

[mwcard=MW1C32]Skeletal Sentry[/mwcard]

It would be nice to have a PDF with all errata cards. Not just for printing, but also to verify what cards have been changed.

Cheers,

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »
Did this get any love/progress as a concept?  The pdf idea would seem simple and easy enough wouldnt it?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »
December has been quite busy, but now that things are getting back to a normal grind (hopefully), I'm happy to check into this more.I know that we had a PDF that was just the errata themselves, but I'll have to see what happened to that.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
That'd be great thanks Laddin.  There is a pdf for the big 4 errata (bim shalla etc), but its the little ones like skeleton sentry to soldier subtype that I always forget and would value being able to stick a replacement print into the sleeve with the card.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 01:56:22 AM »
Any traction on this Laddin?  I know its been asked here too:
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15653.msg52308#msg52308

But I can't find an answer anywhere.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:59:38 AM by Moonglow »

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 08:00:41 AM »
Sorry for the wait. I know it should be part of the update to the SBB. I may have the correct format for the files, if so I think it could be up this week.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »
Awesome thanks!