May 02, 2024, 12:59:15 PM

Author Topic: Conquest of Kumanjaro - SPOILERS  (Read 363196 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest of Kumanjaro - SPOILERS
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2013, 10:23:52 PM »

Don't get me wrong I would be perfectly happy with steam and magma themed cards; in fact I think they would be pretty cool. I just don't think they should count as separate damage types within the fire school. I could however see steam as a Fire/Water card or Magma as a Fire/Earth card with each of them potentially counting as both damage types or half and half.

Wouldn't a steam/smoke card need "Air" somewhere? Maybe "Fire" + "Air" = "Smoke?"
"See you space cowboy..."

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
i mentioned in post about you it that maybe fire school was always meant to be a non versatile school compared to the others elements
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
I'd be quite alright with Fire being a less versatile element in a Jaya Ballard, task mage sort of way.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:10:35 PM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »
I truly hope they do not create other damage types out of fire. I'm not buying any of them as distinct from fire except for smoke which I think rightly falls under poison. They are all heat based afterall and I cannot see how a creature that was immune or resistant to fire wouldn't also be immune or resistant to steam or magma.

Don't get me wrong I would be perfectly happy with steam and magma themed cards; in fact I think they would be pretty cool. I just don't think they should count as separate damage types within the fire school. I could however see steam as a Fire/Water card or Magma as a Fire/Earth card with each of them potentially counting as both damage types or half and half.

Typically something Like a Wall of Stone or Wall of Stone would just laugh at Fire, but OTOH Lava melts things that fire will not.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

patrickconnor

« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
Last, but not least. The Wizard's Tower rounds out our Spell Spoilers for the Conquest of Kumanjaro Expansion. Stay tuned this weekend to catch a glimpse of the Johktari Beastmaster and Malakai Priest Ability Cards!

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
My comment from facebook:

"Mana crystal + wand for 7 mana and no require quick action!!!"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:50:00 PM by Hale_32bit »

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
This card is totally awesome. On an other note: the new expansion is said to contain 106(ish) cards, lets say we get 3 of each cards on average, that's around 36 different cards, and we have seen 27(ish) of them. My only problem with it that I thought it will be a themed expansion, in an interview I have heared (youtube) that the priests are coming to invade the land of the beastmistress. So I expected a little more theme from the cards. Don't misunderstand me, I love the new cards, and it will be an instant buy. But where is the invading priest army?:). I was expecting a little more in the way of a coherent theme, but maybe the last cards will correct it. On the upside this way every mage will get some shiny new toys, so I'm really excited about the new set.

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2013, 01:24:29 PM »
This card is totally awesome. On an other note: the new expansion is said to contain 106(ish) cards, lets say we get 3 of each cards on average, that's around 36 different cards, and we have seen 27(ish) of them. My only problem with it that I thought it will be a themed expansion, in an interview I have heared (youtube) that the priests are coming to invade the land of the beastmistress. So I expected a little more theme from the cards. Don't misunderstand me, I love the new cards, and it will be an instant buy. But where is the invading priest army?:). I was expecting a little more in the way of a coherent theme, but maybe the last cards will correct it. On the upside this way every mage will get some shiny new toys, so I'm really excited about the new set.

I think it will be 106 names of cards.
in WarlordvsFM 220 cards, 71 names of cards (60 new) and 2 books.And its price near with Kumanjaro expansion's price.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:34:45 PM by Hale_32bit »

Bishop084

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
Wait, a Mana Crystal (or Flower for that matter) is zone exclusive, but a whole Wizard's Tower isn't? I call shenanigans!

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
Wait, a Mana Crystal (or Flower for that matter) is zone exclusive, but a whole Wizard's Tower isn't? I call shenanigans!

Good point. It very strong tower.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
Wow, that's an awesom familiar.  It's got good health and armor, especially for its cost, and casts its spell as a free action which is superior to the familiars that need to be activated to cast.  And it can change the spell each round for free, making it versitle in what kinds of attacks it can produce.  Because its a conjuration it isn't taken out easily like creature or item familiars either.  This is going to be a staple in most Wizard builds i'd think.

Even a low level spell like Arc Lighting would be good on this.  Even Surging Wave would be nice on this because it's cheap, has a 0-2 range, and Slams on a 3+.  Keep those aggro-beat-down baddies Dazed all day long :)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »

Good point. It very strong tower.

Yup, forgot to add that it wasn't Zone Exclusive in my analysis, but I noticed that too.   :)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »
The real power in this is the ability to combo. With enough mana you could chain three spells back to back in your combo with your quickcast, wizard tower activation, and mage activation. Or two spells and a full attack: Imagine Teleporting an opponent then hitting them with a Hurl Boulder and a full attack from A Hydra or Earth Elemental.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »

At first I was like "meh," but a defense for your boots could be pretty helpful, especially if you are a Forcemaster.
"See you space cowboy..."

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »

so now the wizard (presumably the mage best suited to attack spells) can finally bind attack spells to a familiar, previously only for force master's thought spore could do that.

you are right that most wizards will insta add this to there book (when i read the name i was already thinking what 2 points i could drop). air wizards tend to go only lightning attacks due to there lightning ring, so this tower would be a nice addition because it can cast the wind attacks which will cost you the same.

or imagine running a fire wizard with 5+ fire resistance and sitting in the tower while it constantly playing the best hits of Johnny Cash (Ring of fire) best counter for swarms.

now i just have to keep annoying the Australian store to know when this set it getting here.

Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up