May 17, 2024, 09:15:22 PM

Author Topic: Queen City Beast Master II  (Read 11557 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Queen City Beast Master II
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 08:12:30 PM »
Just some questions I have: I assume vs dark you open with bigs becasue of idol? Would you cast your typical opening vs a rush mage? When and why will the rhino be petted?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 12:14:17 AM »
Against Necromancers yes I do start either big or with Super Mage. Against Warlocks I generally start with Falcons because I want to bait out attack spells and I just don't think Warlocks can handle Falcons without them or their whip which I can then destroy.

Yes I'd do my typical opening against a rush mage. I have 4 Tangle Vines, lets see if they have 4 Teleports. If not they can beat on the vines while I build up.

Rhino gets cast normally against build up mages and petted when I feel like putting a giant honking target on something other than me.

Good questions Red keep em coming.

@Puddnhead: Savor the flavor it aint happening again my friend  8)

• Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 04:35:40 AM »
Take out the Lair, The Falcons and the Teleports :=

Would make life so much easier for me :)

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 06:11:54 AM »
Against Necromancers yes I do start either big or with Super Mage. Against Warlocks I generally start with Falcons because I want to bait out attack spells and I just don't think Warlocks can handle Falcons without them or their whip which I can then destroy.

Yes I'd do my typical opening against a rush mage. I have 4 Tangle Vines, lets see if they have 4 Teleports. If not they can beat on the vines while I build up.

Rhino gets cast normally against build up mages and petted when I feel like putting a giant honking target on something other than me.

Good questions Red keep em coming.

@Puddnhead: Savor the flavor it aint happening again my friend  8)
I find 3 braces to be 1 to many for me. How are they working for you? When do cervere and/or the grizz come out? Have you ever considered rust? Or wand of healing?
Just rambling of the top of my head :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:01:37 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 09:37:40 AM »
3 Braces are doing well for me. I've fought a lot of Wizards in my day and they like to go for those high damage spells a lot. Also Warlords and Warlocks for that matter. It's cheaper and longer lasting than Block and doesn't care about Unavoidable.

Cervere comes out when I'm fighting "hunker down" types. Grizzly comes out early most games for some heavy damage threat.

Yes to both, I've tried both and would proabably put Rust in if I had 2 extra SPs but points are always tight.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 09:59:11 AM »
3 Braces are doing well for me. I've fought a lot of Wizards in my day and they like to go for those high damage spells a lot. Also Warlords and Warlocks for that matter. It's cheaper and longer lasting than Block and doesn't care about Unavoidable.

Cervere comes out when I'm fighting "hunker down" types. Grizzly comes out early most games for some heavy damage threat.

Yes to both, I've tried both and would proabably put Rust in if I had 2 extra SPs but points are always tight.
Do you enchant those bigs or let them do there thing? Are you afraid of falcon's getting focused? Renewing Spring?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 10:32:53 AM »
I will enchant them yes. I also love to enchant my Timber Wolves. I enchant A LOT of stuff with the thought that my opponents can't focus on all the threats at once normally. Falcons I send out to die. I get a few out, Rajan Fury and then if my opponent is thick enough to let them live I'll get out the other Rajan Fury and more Falcons. Do NOT let me get all 6 out with both Rajans because I'm about to win.

Use to have Renewing Spring and Etherian Life Tree.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 10:36:26 AM »
I will enchant them yes. I also love to enchant my Timber Wolves. I enchant A LOT of stuff with the thought that my opponents can't focus on all the threats at once normally. Falcons I send out to die. I get a few out, Rajan Fury and then if my opponent is thick enough to let them live I'll get out the other Rajan Fury and more Falcons. Do NOT let me get all 6 out with both Rajans because I'm about to win.

What is your worst matchup? How do you deal with 6+ armor vet belt Warlord?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »

Swarm control Force Masters give me trouble. I've a very low win rate against local Force Masters.

Throw enough dice at someone and they're going to die I don't care how much armor they have. Destroy the Vet Belts and throw mountains of dice over and over. They'll wear down. Also force them to have to cast healing spells, don't let them Regrowth or other passive healing methods.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »

Swarm control Force Masters give me trouble. I've a very low win rate against local Force Masters.

Throw enough dice at someone and they're going to die I don't care how much armor they have. Destroy the Vet Belts and throw mountains of dice over and over. They'll wear down. Also force them to have to cast healing spells, don't let them Regrowth or other passive healing methods.
Do you want poisoned blood in here?
You also do not have enough dissolves to get rid of there wands.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »
I have enough Dissolves to take care of their spells on their wands. Playing that attrition game is a losing strategy for the wand wielder because they're not taking care of my creatures at that point.

I'd love Poison Blood in my book yes.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 01:31:28 PM »
I have enough Dissolves to take care of their spells on their wands. Playing that attrition game is a losing strategy for the wand wielder because they're not taking care of my creatures at that point.

I'd love Poison Blood in my book yes.
Not if they have the gauntlets. Maybe you could remove 3 points for a poisoned blood ward combo.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 10:36:52 PM »
I actually don't mind if they use a wand to heal cause that's costing them mana and actions. What I worry about is passive healing like Regrowth Belts and the like. I feel confident in my ability to pile it on faster than they can heal it.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »
I actually don't mind if they use a wand to heal cause that's costing them mana and actions. What I worry about is passive healing like Regrowth Belts and the like. I feel confident in my ability to pile it on faster than they can heal it.
2 dissolves will let you get rid of one wand which they will cantrip rune (gauntlets). How do you match up against most Charlotte locals?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 11:27:15 PM »
Well enough. I do well against Devil, Larrick, James, Jay, and those who play less. I do poorly against Sarahs Force Master. I go 50/50 against Jimillia. I've fought others from outside Charlotte and generally hold my own fairly well. Even in losses I typically come close. I consider myself a "slightly above average" player. My biggest weakness being mental fatigue brought on by not training for super long matches.