May 02, 2024, 09:53:20 PM

Author Topic: Spells you would like to see  (Read 292710 times)

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Spells you would like to see
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 10:57:45 PM »
I was playing with Nullifies and Blocks and was thinking: It would be really nice to have an Incantation version of Nullify and Block. The disadvantage would be that it would only last a single round. The advantage would be that you couldn't burn through an incantation by using a Decoy or a weak attack.

Anti-Magic Shield: 6 Mana, incantation
Target creature cannot be targeted by Incantations or Enchantments until the end of the round.

Bubble Shield: 6 Mana, incantation
Target creature automatically Defends against all attacks until the end of the round. Has no effect on Unavoidable attacks.

Not sure if something like this is already in an upcoming expansion...

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Carnivorous plants
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 11:36:31 PM »
For some reason I was just inspired to come up with a Carnivorous Plant Card :whistle:

I'm thinking of some sort of carnivorous plant conjuration with the ability to lure (perhaps taunt?) creatures into it's zone with a range of 1-1 and/or make an immediate attack of around 3 when an enemy creature enters it's zone.  maybe a limit on the lure ability to level 2 creatures or lower and the vampirism trait.  It could also have the Pest trait so the creatures have the chance to run 2 zones away.  the Venus Fly trap is the most obvious inspiration (and perhaps the most iconic from the card art point of view).

I am less certain on the other stats (spell level, life, mana cost) and I suspect they would have to be determined with play testing.   assuming that the amount of life is the biggest factor that would determine the spell level and an appropriate mana cost.

but I'm already falling in love with my concept, please make it!

harveymcglenn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »
It would be nice to see a wall that did not block LOS, but otherwise hindered creatures physically.  This would be great for range attacks.  This situation has come up plenty for me.

Kytan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2013, 06:38:48 PM »
I'm a big beastmaster player so all the creatures I want to see I thought up in terms of animals
•An animal with a ranged attack like a spitting cobra
•a porcupine with a damage barrier
•maybe some variety of  spiders that poison incapacitate cause weak
•lvl one dogs that get stronger the more of the same type you have out in the same zone so they work more like a pack rather than just following the leader.
• a cat or something with reach that hunts birds just for flavor.
•or some big lion that gains a bonus against other animals or maybe just an animal hunter.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 05:07:21 AM »
Quote from: "Havelock" post=603
This game is often compared to Magic: the Gathering. Since creature in MW seems hard to kill, it would be awesome to see some dark spells (unless they exist already) like Diabolic Edict (Target Player sacrifices a creature) or Terror (Destroy target non-legendary, non-dark creature. It can't be regenerated).

I'm aware that I didn't play the game yet and maybe I'm completely wrong, but these would be super awesome.

Perhaps a way to implement that would be like this?

Name:  Murder, Destroy Essence, Remove Soul, something like that
Spell Type: Incantation
Full Action
Spell cost: X
Range: 0-1
School: Dark 3 (perhaps 4)
Place target creature in its owner's discard pile.  X=creature cost + creature level

It's inefficient with respect to mana and actions (only being neutral in actions if used to kill a creature the turn after it is summoned), but it could be useful against builds that summon one really powerful creature, especially after it has some enchantments placed on it.

Compared to Banish, it would be a much more expensive but permanent.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:47 AM »
I'd like to see boots that give fast and a cloak that gives elusive.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

tyfauv

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
A few spells

A spell like Block that stops Unavoidable.

I saw it above but a shield. Maybe one that can shield bash or heal soldiers or holy creatures then the Priestess can carry more than her staff around

Spells that grant flame immunity or what ever element you have. But specific ones for each kike Stork Drake Armor and Dragonhide Armor.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »
I would like to see a card that would let my Mage fly. Be it a Broom, Umbrella, Chity Chity Bang Bang, or a Silver Surf board. Very suprised to find that my mage has no way to fly in the game.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Doma0997

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »
How about another epic curse for the dark school? Something along the lines of Shared Agony.

2 hidden cost
10 reveal
0-2 range
Non-Mage Creature

When Shared Agony is revealed put a token on another creature range 0-1 to the enchanted creature. Whenever the enchanted creature or the linked creature takes damage, the other gains an equal amount of damage.

Of course, all things would have to be balanced for playability, but I think it would be fun, especially for the creative things that one could do with it. You have a creature I can't really take down easily? Throw Shared Agony on one of my own and start to beat away at it. Link with one of my own and use guard each turn. Or just the simple link to two of my opponents creatures to take two down at once.

Kytan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2013, 08:43:35 AM »
• a priestess familiar, maybe like an archangel that can cast holy incantations and attack spells
• some sucide cards like +3 melee but take 3 damage - a blood crazed demon that gains blood thirsty +2 and takes 2 maybe 3 damage
• a creature who's action marker doesn't flip unless you pay mana during your upkeep
• possibly an enchantment that gives an extra quickcast when you reveal it, or maybe a permanent extra quickcast but has a high upkeep cost
• creature that gains life after it destroys another living creature, kinda like it's eating the fallen creature
• goblin or Orc bezerker that has a high attack but little life and no armor and can't gain armor
• a diseased creature that can give rot to anything that attacks it
• a mobile spawn point for the warlord, a siege tower perhaps, can either move 1 or summon a solider.  to make up for no Mage specific familiar
• a moat, hinders movement but doesn't block LoS, non-Mage creatures crossing the moat have a chance to drown while crossing on like a 10+ add one to the die roll for each point of armor, slow creatures cannot cross.
• a net/web that acts like a wall for flying creatures and to cross must lose flying until next activation
• suppression zone, enchant zone, creatures cannot fly or use ranged attacks inside zone
• chest piece that gives +3 armor and tough -2
• enchants that give -1 against specific elements and curses that give +1 vs certain elements
• nature attack spells, plants/trees/bugs attack to deal damage
• swarm of bees, incorporeal, full action zone attack, cannot guard
• tranqualizer dart, attack spell that deals some minor dmage but stuns on a 3-10 and on an 11+ sleep, war spell most likely
• a trap that deals some damage and restrains for a few turns
• a javelin that gives a one use ranged attack, maybe an equip that can be used in either hand and is destroyed after use or a creature that comes into play with a javelin token that can be used once
• grappling/ climbing equip that takes both hands, glove, and boot spots but give melee +1 or 2, double strike, and climbing possibly some armor

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »
This post gave me an idea for two spells :

1. Floating Eye - creature (Arcane maybe), which gives a Mage LoS (and maybe Range to cast spells) as thogh as Mage were Floating Eye. It could be Flying and Pest ad with no attack.

2. Phase Door - Arcana Teleport spell, which allows your Mage to teleport one or two Zones away, regardless of LoS.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

relknes

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »
Fear of Lightning/Fire: curses that gives +2 to atacks of that element
Burst of Speed: quick spell that allows you to immediately take a full action as a free action (might be too powerful for rush decks... balance would be tough to achieve)
Mischevious Gremlin: arcane school.  Movement rules simmilar to Blue Gremlin.  2 dice atack, 0 armor, 5 life, 7+ defense (1x).  Conjurations in Mischievious Gremlin's zone do not function.

Diji

• Consummate Professional
  • Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • …and so it begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »
Vengeance (School -Dark?) Card Level: 2?/3?
Mana Cost:2/X (Red)
Card Type: Enchantment Trap
Target: Creature

Upon death of this creature (by way of enemy creature or caster damage) reveal Vengeance. Vengeance targets the source of damage last caused.

X = mana required for attack chosen.

Attack
3 mana - 2 Dice
5 mana - 2 Dice *Unavoidable
7 mana - 2 Dice *Unavoidable *Critical Damage

Mana and attack are up for debate, but the idea is an enchantment that will sit on creatures for a long time mixing up opponents. It will make seeking dispel and decoy more valuable. I also like the flavor - putting a dark energy around a creature and when that creature is destroyed the caster can vary the strength of the vengeance.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2013, 12:19:35 AM »
Elemental Ward     target zone (or target living creature with Magebind +2)
Enchantment   2    ? For reveal cost

Magecast    

-1 to an element type for all creatures in the zone (including enemy creatures). Elemental creatures (have levels in the school of the chosen element to cast) of the named element may not enter the zone (only if it is a target zone spell). If a zone attack of the chosen element targets a zone protected by Elemental Ward counter that attack and discard Elemental Ward.

Target creature gains -2 to an element type.

The spell would target either a zone or a creature not both. If it targeted a living creature it would be level 2 in the chosen element. If it is a zone enchantment it would be level 3 in the chosen element.

So I'm basically listing 2 possible spells a weaker version that targets a single creature or a stronger version that targets a zone.

Make one for each element type but they are all called Elemental Ward so only one may be attached to a zone or creature.

Brazil

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
One problem I see is Poison and Weakness in particular.   The problem is:  Some creatures can cause weakness with their basic attacks (like the Gorgon Archer).  And because they can cause basically an UNLIMITED amount of Weakness, there needs to be an UNLIMITED way to counter the same.

Of course the Priestess can do this naturally, but the other Mages are limited to spells to do this.  This means once a mage runs out of Purifies, all his creatures are then subject to permanent irremovable Weakness.  (And that's not good.)   Yes I realize there is one location that can be used to remove them...but that location is vulnerable and limited as well....and also inconvenient to have to spend several turns running your creatures back to that zone to have Weakness removed, when Gorgon(s) can just keep on tossing it onto creatures in an unlimited way.

Suggestion for a card:   A Cantrip which could remove a single Condition.

You already have Purify which can remove a bunch of conditions.  But you are limited in number. (I know you can put it on a wand, but wands are popular targets for Explosions, Destruction and Stealing.)  I can just see Weakness as a dominant factor without a "reliable" way to counter it.  Other conditions go away on their own...but Weakness has to be "Cast off".

I would suggest this cantrip (and pretty much all of them) to be high level, as they are reusable, there needs to be some "cost" of having them, and a high casting cost seems an unjust penalty as it doesn't cost mana for creatures to dish out Weakness every turn.

Anyway so for the above reason I'd suggest some Cantrip to remove Effects, that has a high level but a low casting cost. (2-ish - plus paying the condition removal on top of that.)