May 05, 2024, 07:45:40 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Builds  (Read 201359 times)

PoppaBear

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ambassador
    • View Profile
Forcemaster Deck
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
Greetings,
Here's my idea for a Forcemaster deck that pushes/pulls opposing creatures into a designated area (ideally a corner section of the map) surrounded by Wall of Pikes, where the pikes are facing inward...

Push, Pull, or Drag It In (120pts)
Equipment:
Dancing Scimitar x1 2pts
Defense Ring x1 2pts
Force Ring x1 1pt
Galvitar x1 3pts
Leather Boots x1 1 pt
Leather Gloves x1 1 pt
Psi-Orb x1 2pts
Storm Drake Hide x1 2pts
Conjurations:
Mana Crystal x2 4pts
Suppression Orb x1 2pts (maybe to go into the Kill Area)
Wall of Pikes x4 8pts
Creatures:
Invisible Stalker x1 5pts
Psylok x4 8pts
Thoughtspore x4 8pts
Enchantments:
Block x3 3pts
Charm x24pts
Cheetah Speed x1 2pts
Decoy x3 3pts
Force Crush x2 6pts
Force Hold x2 4pts
Force Orb x2 2pts
Forcefield x1 4pts
Mind Control x2 12pts
Mind Shield x2 2pts
Reverse Attack x2 4pts
Incantation:
Force Bash x2 4pts
Force Push x2 2pts
Force Wave x2 2pts
Repulse x2 2pts
Steal Equipment x1 3pts
Attack:
Force Hammer x4 8pts
Invisible Fist x4 4pts

Any feedback is welcome, just don't be a jerk about it.   This is my first attempt to design my own deck.
Thanks,
Poppabear
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
Ex Ordo Chaos

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Deck
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »
It looks like you are missing some basic utitlity cards, and have a bit too much redundancy in a few areas.

I think you have a bit too much redundancy in the following areas: Block/Reverse Attack/Forcefield, Force Hold/Force Crush, Force Hammer/Invisible Fist, and Thoughtspores.

Reducing yourself to 1 Forcefield, 1-2 Block, and 1-2 Reverse Attacks would free up a little space. The other thing is that people often focus on unavoidable attacks against the FM, in which case Block and Reverse Attack become fairly weak.

You probably only need 2 of Force Holds and/or Force Crushes. 4 seems like a bit much.

If you reduce yourself to 4-5 attack spells, you'll have a bit more room. How often do you see yourself using all of them? I'd use maybe 3 Invisible Fists and 2 Force Hammers.

You probably only need 2 Thoughtspores. It's very difficult to support more than that in terms of mana.

You could also probably remove a copy of Force Orb, or at least replace it with Force Sword so that you can stack them.

I haven't figured out how I feel about running 2 Mind Controls. It's pretty expensive, but Mind Control can be really good too. An alternative control card you could try is Sleep. I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect Sleep on a Thoughtspore would be pretty good.

I think Nullify is much more flexible and generally useful than Mind Shield.

You should probably try to make room for at least 2 Dispels, 1 Dissolve, 1 Teleport (Teleport can accomplish some things that push effects can't), 1 Knockdown and 1 Battle Fury.

I'd also try to find room for a Regrowth Belt, an Elemental Cloak, and a Bear Strength, and switch the Leather Gloves for Gauntlets of Strength.

I haven't really tried using Psyloks, so I'm not sure how well that will out work.

Overall this build looks much more control focused than my FM build.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 03:39:17 PM »
When I played the FM, this is the strategy I used, the Warlock really really wanted to get out of the corner! I also threw down a Mangler Caltrops in the corner. But your book looks real good. I am not sure if you should be quite so heavy with creatures. I would focus on getting out a couple of piece of equipment and get the walls up like you said. After that, I would use my quick cast action to work the Push, Pull, Drag it strategy.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DarkForceMaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
Ok it's a good idea but teleport just gets your mage out of the corner if he has Los without going thu the pikes, at least that is wat i understand when I read teleport.
Evil acts are committed every day,
So therefore the world is evil.
I would have to disagree.
Yes, the world may be filled to the brim with darkness,
But, if we try, with a smile or a hug,
We can light it up.

varagghoul

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 01:07:43 AM »
Try to cut the psilocks....they are not so good creatures...as sdougla2 mentioned, try to reduce your attack spells...4 would be just fine....2 mind controls are too expensive....replace one with a sleep...i have tied it on a thought spore and it works just fine!!!!! you definitely need 1 more dancing scimitar...it is a real life saver and can improve your attack too since it is autonomous and attacks on its own...and i believe you muxt add a Cobra reflexes there!!!!! it is so good with Forcemaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 07:44:37 AM »
It looks like I will be judging for most of Origins so I will post my tourney build with and without promos. My build can kill on turn 4+  :o

9D + 4D + 9D + 3D
0-50 dmg on turn 4 avg is 25 dmg on an unarmored targe

If you wait till turn 5 you can do
10D + 4D + 10D + 3D
0-54 dmg on turn 5 avg is 27 dmg on an unarmored target
You have to remember this is not a fun build when I get home or if I have time during lunch I will post the build.

"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 10:27:46 AM »
It looks like I will be judging for most of Origins so I will post my tourney build with and without promos. My build can kill on turn 4+  :o

9D + 4D + 9D + 3D
0-50 dmg on turn 4 avg is 25 dmg on an unarmored targe

If you wait till turn 5 you can do
10D + 4D + 10D + 3D
0-54 dmg on turn 5 avg is 27 dmg on an unarmored target
You have to remember this is not a fun build when I get home or if I have time during lunch I will post the build.

Color me intrigued.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »
I see how you can do that, but I'm trying to think of a more efficient way to get those last few points of strength on the 9-10 dice attacks. The only way I can think of at the moment is Hand of Bim-Shalla, which isn't as efficient as Bear Strength or Gauntlets of Strength. I like Thoughtspore with Battle Fury, since you get to do something similar to the attack spread you mentioned every turn (once you're setup) without using your QC.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:44 PM »
The trick with hand is the utility it provides. I can up my attack or heal when I can't catch the target this turn. Yes for pure dice bear strength is better. My normal on is Hand, move, Hand or Hand, move, Galv.

"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

DarkForceMaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
Just a question, how did you get the second 9D or 3rd atk because i see 3 but not 4 attacks.
We can light it up.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
Battle Fury.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
Sounds like Shadows FM needs an Agony.....and a teleport away from me and need to kill the Hand cubed :)

DarkForceMaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
Ok I just tried that fast kill move right now, and we found some flaws and came up with a question.......how do you protect your thoughtspore from a ranged attack spell and i say that because the spore is sooo important for that fast combo.
We can light it up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
The trick with hand is the utility it provides. I can up my attack or heal when I can't catch the target this turn. Yes for pure dice bear strength is better. My normal on is Hand, move, Hand or Hand, move, Galv.

The nice about Hand(s) vs. Bear is they can't be Dispelled. Your opponent has to use actions to destroy the Hand(s)or he/she just has to live with them.

I am (and so is my buddy who I primarily play against) a stickler that the effect of Hand to grant the Melee +1 (or other option(s)) is done before the announcement of the attack. Afterwards, its too late! Sorry too bad so sad!

DarkForceMaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »
Ya those "before action" spells are very useful, i just know hand.......are their any others?
We can light it up.