May 05, 2024, 09:49:17 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Builds  (Read 201361 times)

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster deck
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
The Invisible Stalker is elusive when invisible so guards don't effect him.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »
Why Mordok's Obelisk instead of Suppression Orb?

I also don't know how you get by without Mind school attack spells (especially super-efficient ones like Invisible Fist..) and at least one healing spell (I guess Hands heal, but you're not going to get much value out of them with your "blitz" approach).  Binding either to a Thoughtspore is killer and without Force Hammer you don't have an easy way of dealing with conjurations, corporeal or otherwise.  You also have almost a complete lack of armor, other than inefficient Hand of Bim-Shallas.  I don't see a reason for Mongoose Agility when you can fairly easily remove guards with Pull and Push.

Overall, it adds up to a rather small spellbook and without much in terms of attack spells, I can't imagine how you get enough dice to compete.  Sure you have Bear Strength and such but I just don't see this winning against mages that naturally have higher health, a melee skill, and more attack spells and more creatures.  

I'd really recommend putting at least more attack spells in.  The number one thing the FM struggles with is sufficient dice and without enough attack spells I can't see this build getting there.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
But it becomes visible when it attacks right, so don't i have to attack a guard because its not elusive anymore?

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 05:50:43 PM »
No, he doesn't become visible for the purpose of game affects until after the attack.

Think of it like this. He sneaks past the guard attacks the opposing mage and is now visible for all to see.

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
@ reddawn
i am rather focused on preventing damage, forcemaster ability, forcefields, ... so i don't need heal nor do i like it (except when i play the priestess).
Conjurations are not a problem: i have enough attack power to slice it in half with my sword. Battle forge (6life, 4armor) is death in 1 attack.  
I get the invisible fist, it is mana-efficient and at a low cost. I will consider it. It will add to my beatdown but it uses a quick-action, that i could spent better to counter cards.
Mongoose agility i need in the deck, otherwise i will be spending a quick action every round to force pull. But what if the opponent mage is in the same zone and another creature guards ...
Like i mentioned earlier: i defeated the PRIESTESS (which is healing constantly), with around 36 life with her ability. When i am ready for the big attack, even the priestess losses in 2-3 round. The battling can start turn 3 with a decent amount of dice. If i use 4 rounds to build up, i will be at my maximum capacity of dice which include bear strength +2, 2 temples bim-shalla +2, gauntlets +1, force  blade (4 dice attack piercing +2 or 4dice attack sweeping/double strike), dancing scimitar +3 attack dice separately, and then i have a thougthspore ready for use with battle furry and 1 mana on it, and ready to use. I am well in range and even fast with cheetah speed)
So my mage rolls 9 dice with piercing +2 or i can double strike (again 4 dice), then second attack with battle furry to do 9 dice of damage with +2 piercing. Then again another 3 dice attack from dancing scimitar. So best-case-scenario , i rolled 25 dice in one turn!

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
Okay thanks Tacullu64! Good to know.
How do you feel about the invisible stalker? When to cast/when is he good/ against what deck/...

PoppaBear

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »
If you're going super-agreessive, try a few Decoys to help prevent attacks and maybe a Block or 2 also.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
Ex Ordo Chaos

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
I haven't played with Invisible Stalker yet, but He seems incredibly vulnerable to a Wizard. Even without Lighting Bolt or similar spells, Arcane Zap is just too efficient against him.

As for other matchups, I'd expect him to be pretty good, but it's hard to tell without trying it out.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »
As sdougla2 said, he is vulnerable to wizards and I would add in other Forcemaster's could make short work of him, if they can attack him, both would have to be holding mage actions to attack him. The wizard could just save his quickcast for the arcane zap. Air Wizards would be the worst. Electrify could be particularly troublesome. If he could avoid getting attacked by another Forcemaster he could be effective in the mirror match.

When to cast is more difficult. Generally an aggressive creature would work better the sooner you got him out and started applying pressure with it. The stalker cost 15 mana and has that upkeep though and you've got a bit of build up you plan on doing. I would say based on the match up you'll have to decide early, by the second round whether or not you will use him that game. There could be games where circumstances dictate bringing him out later, but that would be situational. In either case you don't want him sitting around doing nothing while you continue to pay his upkeep. When you use him you will have probably decided you don't have time for your desired build up.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
Quote from: "Tim" post=11036
Your right DarthDadaD20, he is great but:
at the time that i could summon him i should be attacking because i am at my max attack power. I understand thats its a good card but its expensive and takes a full action. I use it mostly when playing against buff mage or something. I always wait for the last moment to attack with him. My opponent is also a decent player so he always keep 1 decent creature to attack the stalker when he is visible. He guards a lot with other creatures and guard is a real pain for the invisible stalker.

Thats why you use force pull!  ;) I love force pull SO much...My opponent will guard with multiple creatures, I just use force pull and laugh!
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 07:49:41 AM »
I love force pull to! Its great for position control. How ever, i think that mongoose agility is a must. When you are already in the same zone as opponent to hit with double strike, you must have a way to counter creatures guarding.
But yah, force pull is great :d

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
I think it was mentioned above, Force Ring would be a good addition. You've only got 8 force spells but if you're using Force Pull  you can use the FR to make it mana free. It should easily save you mana over the course of the game.

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »
I understand what your saying but mana isn't really a problem. Because i focus on attacking, i am saving mana. Never had problems with mana. I understand that its a useful card.
When i am going to include battle forge is will consider force ring.
Because i am so focused on attacking, i only have 1 quick action to activate a spell. I think it would be better to use that quick cast to counter the strategy of opponent.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »
Even with the upkeep of multiple spells.....I have yet to be mana starved in any way with the force master...not even with thougtspore letting lose.
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
I Agree!