May 18, 2024, 07:40:34 PM

Author Topic: Holy attack spells  (Read 8289 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Holy attack spells
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:58:29 PM »
So my apologies if I out this in the wrong section but I've been doing a lot of musing about the holy school lately ( I bet you guys are all sick of it/me by now, lol) and I found that my priest is quickly filling up with attack spells that are out of school. I know, big deal right? But the holy attack spells specifically are a bit underpowered for damage. That's not what they are used for primarily but id still like to see a lvl 2 attack spell in the holy school that does more than 2 dice.

Daze seems to be the wheelhouse of the holy school, and that's awesome don't get me wrong, but the rest of the spells are pretty much watered down effects from other schools. Air does stun better, fire does burn better, earth has slam so does water. I guess I'm just hoping for a holy bolt or ball or blast or something to come out of PvS. Lol even a 4 dice attack is enough to give the priest/priestess something to really bring the fear of the angels into the arena.

Any chance of something like that? Maybe? Eh? Perhaps? Lol! And maybe a chest piece, just saying. Thanks for listening to my ridiculous ramblings folks!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Holy attack spells
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »
Priest and Priestess have pretty good access to healing and some big creatures to guard them with. Not sure they need much armor when they can use a single quick action and 9 mana to heal like several rounds worth of damage. They have x1 access to burst healing for a reason you know, and burst healing actually is quite mana/action efficient, unlike attack spells contrary to popular belief. Healing always gets past armor, a minor heal is 5 dice healing for 5 mana and a heal is 8 dice healing for 9 mana, and if your opponent takes around let's say four actions and 12 mana to get maybe 10 or 15 damage on you, cast a heal for a single quick action and 9 mana and it could all be gone, just like that.

Holy attack spells have better chance of daze and stun combined than lightning does. The main purpose of holy attack spells is to daze/stun, as well as provide burns in the case of malakai priest.

If she does end up with a more powerful holy attack spell, I'm thinking that it will be another low dice attack spell with a high chance of stunning the enemy. A high stun chance might be a pretty good finisher for a holy mage now that I think of it.

Something that would be really awesome would be an incantation spell that gives a creature +6 life and stuns them. Maybe it would be called something like "Asyra's Judgement". If cast on a mage, it helps them when they are winning and hurts them when they're losing. Kinda like the holy school's answer to drain life, drain soul and drain power. I would love to see something like that.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »
There are no mage specific or holy specific creatures yet. I expect (hoping) this might change with the Paladin. After all each of the other primary schools and mages have their unique creatures - even the limited creature Mind school.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »
There are a couple Holy Mage Only creatures we're looking at for PVS right now. I'm pretty excited about them.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »
There are a couple Holy Mage Only creatures we're looking at for PVS right now. I'm pretty excited about them.
And now I am too  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »

Awesome!

Who would the Holy school send against an undead dragon? What is the equivalent level 8 creature in the Holy school? I am guessing Archangel perhaps?
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:03:14 PM »

Awesome!

Who would the Holy school send against an undead dragon? What is the equivalent level 8 creature in the Holy school? I am guessing Archangel perhaps?

I suggest Level 25 creature “god“ - kind of expensive for about 300 mana. Nonliving, incorporeal, immune to all but hellfire, as full action god wins the game.

I would try to save some mana :D

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Holy attack spells
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 10:44:18 PM »

Awesome!

I suggest Level 25 creature “god“ - kind of expensive for about 300 mana. Nonliving, incorporeal, immune to all but hellfire, as full action god wins the game.

I would try to save some mana :D

Better idea. It could be a creature that exists in 5 cards rather than just one, like BFM or Exodia. Maybe 7 mana each and they have two or three armor and 4 life, and when you have them all in play you win the game.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »

Maybe their own dragon?

And no, I do not think we'll be making an Exodia, but I would like to see more trap cards...

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 08:19:41 AM »

Maybe their own dragon?

And no, I do not think we'll be making an Exodia, but I would like to see more trap cards...
Exodia? ???
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 08:41:38 AM »

Maybe their own dragon?

Exodia? ???

Bless you, that you don't know who Exodia is. It's a Yu-Gi-Oh! card in five parts. If you get all five, then you win the game.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »

Maybe their own dragon?

Exodia? ???

Bless you, that you don't know who Exodia is. It's a Yu-Gi-Oh! card in five parts. If you get all five, then you win the game.
Just looked up a picture, and he is absurdly creepy...

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »
Yeah exodia is weird. And personally I love the fact that there's no "you win" combo or card in this game. I hate that stuff ( just to clarify I play blue and white in MtG. So I have a few infini-combos and hard lockouts, I just don't think they fit in mage wars)!

But for real, one more appeal to the powers that be. One 4 dice attack spell in holy would be a game changer for me. Just one, that's all I ask. Lol! The holy school is my new favorite thing, and since its so small right now and probably due for an upgrade I think a lvl 2 attack spell with just a bit more umph would make me feel much better.

Ok plea over, and now that you mention it I'm becoming very excited about some new creatures! And maybe a few new enchantments. Cuz unless you're playing a mana denial wizard, pacify is kinda useless (kinda).
I love this game. Its awesome!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 03:38:19 PM »

Maybe their own dragon?

Holy Traptosis Batman!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »
I agree, something like Exodia or BFM would be kinda ridiculous, but it might be interesting to see something that requires two full actions to summon, or something, or maybe something like a gemini creature that can be summoned again while it's already on the field to give it another ability. That actually might be kind of cool as an evolve mechanic. Maybe if we ever get an insect mage or something...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:01:52 PM by Sailor Vulcan »