Mage Wars > Mages

The Challenges of the Priestess

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kelanen:

--- Quote from: Puddnhead on July 26, 2018, 04:32:42 PM ---I would argue that "the point" of Enchantment Transfusion was to save your enchants when your creature dies.

However, Jbuzz, the common usage of Enchantment Transfusion these days (which I would LOVE to DESTROY) is as a "counterspell" just as you have described.

--- End quote ---

Then we disagree.  It's main use from the moment it saw print (and presumably in playtesting too) was for interrupt speed deployment of silver bullets. It was what we said when we first read the card.

Puddnhead:
It is definitely the most powerful use of the card. I was not a playtester at the time, but the amount of extra verbiage and constrained design resulting from Enchantment Transfusion is undeniable and it is for that reason that it needs to be purged with fire.

Kelanen:

--- Quote from: Puddnhead on July 27, 2018, 07:20:46 PM ---It is definitely the most powerful use of the card. I was not a playtester at the time, but the amount of extra verbiage and constrained design resulting from Enchantment Transfusion is undeniable and it is for that reason that it needs to be purged with fire.

--- End quote ---

No we need more cards like it - more strong reveal abilities and interrupts.

ThisIsDeutch:
To be fair, because of how basic the Holy school is in Arena, the Paladin is basically a "warrior" priestess, with strong abilities including healing, from the Holy school. I wouldn't necessarily say that there are challenges for the priestess, simply because the Paladin is just a better mage is pick from.

wtcannonjr:

--- Quote from: ThisIsDeutch on August 10, 2018, 08:47:11 AM ---To be fair, because of how basic the Holy school is in Arena, the Paladin is basically a "warrior" priestess, with strong abilities including healing, from the Holy school. I wouldn't necessarily say that there are challenges for the priestess, simply because the Paladin is just a better mage is pick from.

--- End quote ---

It might help to expand the Holy School to include more high level (level 4+), non-creature spells that the Paladin is not trained in to further differentiate the Holy mage play styles. Perhaps a level 6 Incantation that has an effect to 'vanquish a zone of creatures' at one time. You could call it the Hand of Asyra or something. Essentially more Holy spells that feature the pacify style rather than the aggressive, vengeful style. Reducing the power of attack actions or increasing the cost of attack actions as another example. These would need to be "Holy Mage Only" and above level 3 so that Paladin would not have access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version