May 14, 2024, 09:43:43 AM

Author Topic: Dominate the Arena: Gen Con  (Read 1815 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Dominate the Arena: Gen Con
« on: August 03, 2015, 01:10:27 PM »
Today I talk about my experiences at Gen Con 2015, especially those playing domination!
Check it out >>HERE<<.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Dominate the Arena: Gen Con
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »
Today I talk about my experiences at Gen Con 2015, especially those playing domination!
Check it out >>HERE<<.

When I clicked on the link, I got a Mage Wars Academy promo video instead.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Dominate the Arena: Gen Con
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM »
Good article.

I will share two of my memories from my first Gen Con.

Wednesday night I got to play Sheriff of Nottingham for the first time. I'd heard it was good and all the hype. It aint hype. Everything you've heard about how good that game is I can fully attest to being true. Exhausted from a 9 hour car ride as I was I woke up real fast at the pure elegance of it. I am now known far and wide as "Honest Ben"

I worked the Arcane Wonders booth Thursday morning. There aren't words for the horde of gamers that literally came tearing into the exhibitor hall like the glorious dead rushing into Valhalla. Unless you've stood at a booth and seen them charging you...you just have to experience I guess. Their insatiable hunger for Arena, Academy, Domination, and Sheriff of Nottingham was astounding. I gave out promo cards and chatted with eager gamers from all over the world. I met Mage Warriors from Munich, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Toronto, and Rio. I talked shop with them and sold product. Along with my fellow ambassadors we stood our ground against an unrelenting wave of gamer. From time to time I'd look over and see my friends JasonBourneZombie and Millie(she's not on the forums) working their crowds and selling product or demoing games too. It was honestly an awesome experience.

• Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.