May 12, 2024, 10:21:06 PM

Author Topic: attempt at a druid book  (Read 8327 times)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: attempt at a druid book
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:05 AM »
So I played the original spelbook against the instruction manual priestess and got destroyed. my opponent must have had a horseshoe up his butt, because he only rolled the blank side of the dice 4 times the entire match in all of his actions.

The opponent played Hand of Bim Shalla right away to make everything they had stronger. all of my seedling pods except for 3 the entire game were killed in either one shot from a 5 die roll archer, or killed by a follow up attack by something else. the 3 that survived were used to cast Togorah, and 2 raptor vines.

Togorah was equipped with Cheetah speed and only got to attack once, because He was dead before I got a second action with her. (5 die archer (9 all crit on one roll) plus 2 other creatures killed him pretty quickly)

Tataree survived a few rounds, but once he saw what I was doing, he used Hawk-eye and killed it.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
When I was originally planning this build, I had galador, and Tarok out, but felt they didn't fit with the theme I was going for, plus they are kind of expensive. I still saw the issue that i was going to have trouble with fliers which is why i added the eagles wings, and maim wings.

My other issue with the life tree is it effects all living things, even my opponents.

I just took out the Storm drake hide, regrowth and one blood spline wall  to add a Giant Wolf Spider to help with Ranged attacks.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:56:16 PM »
When I was originally planning this build, I had galador, and Tarok out, but felt they didn't fit with the theme I was going for, plus they are kind of expensive. I still saw the issue that i was going to have trouble with fliers which is why i added the eagles wings, and maim wings.

My other issue with the life tree is it effects all living things, even my opponents.

I just took out the Storm drake hide, regrowth and one blood spline wall  to add a Giant Wolf Spider to help with Ranged attacks.

Let me knowhow the Spider performs. That's a creature I haven't experimented yet in a Druid book.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
[mwcard=DNC18]1 x  Togorah, Forest Sentinel[/mwcard] has been nothing but lackluster in any competative Driud build I have played. [mwcard=DNC06]1 x  Kralathor, The Devourer[/mwcard] on the other hand has done work against swarm builds. Most BM and Warlords don't expect you to use it against them.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
Swarms make Kralathor very happy, they are like a buffet for him.