May 02, 2024, 02:19:03 PM

Author Topic: Tanglevine and Stranglevine  (Read 6240 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Tanglevine and Stranglevine
« on: December 31, 2014, 08:29:04 AM »
Can i put a Stranglevine and a Tanglev in a same creature?

About the life that gain the stranglevine, When gain the life? every turn you must put a token of life? i ask this because if my opponent put a finite life altar in play, then how many life have the stranglevine?

Thanks.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
Re: Tanglevine and Stranglevine
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »

About the life that gain the stranglevine, When gain the life? every turn you must put a token of life? i ask this because if my opponent put a finite life altar in play, then how many life have the stranglevine?

Thanks.

Yes you can place both on the same creature

Life gain happens during the upkeep phase. You place a crush marker, pay upkeep, deal damage / gain life on stranglevine. Finite life prevents the life gain.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »
A better question would be why you want to put a tanglevine and stranglevine on the same creature at the same time. If the creature get's teleported out of one, they kill both.

Also any life gained before the finite life enters play is still on the stranglevine.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »

Thanks.

Yes you can place both on the same creature

Life gain happens during the upkeep phase. You place a crush marker, pay upkeep, deal damage / gain life on stranglevine. Finite life prevents the life gain.

Kharhaz is correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 08:31:16 AM »
A better question would be why you want to put a tanglevine and stranglevine on the same creature at the same time. If the creature get's teleported out of one, they kill both.

Also any life gained before the finite life enters play is still on the stranglevine.

Well, the fact its that sometimes when i put a tanglevine, they haven´t enough teleports or none, and when the oponent left the tanglevine wiht one or two points of life, i can´t put another tanglevine but i can put another stranglevine and my oponnent goon restrained.

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »
As a supplemental point:  A Deathlock will give Stranglevine Finite Life and prevent it gaining life, but the Altar of Skulls (which may well be the 'finite life altar' referred to) will *not* because it gives Finite Life only to creatures.