May 02, 2024, 07:04:10 PM

Author Topic: Enchantment Transfusion - Targeting on reveal  (Read 3488 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Enchantment Transfusion - Targeting on reveal
« on: December 24, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »
I see this text on the card: "When Enchantment Transfusion is revealed, you may move any enchantments you control from this creature to one legal target creature up to 2 zones away from this creature."

I had previously believed that LOS from the Mage to the final destination of the Enchantments was not needed. Now I am wondering if I was mistaken, because I just read the following from the Codex on Enchantment Transfusion: "The enchantments must be moved to a legal target creature (a target you could cast the enchantments on as if you were casting each enchantment again on the new target)."

(Underlined parts are my emphasis.)

Can someone confirm that LOS from the Mage to the target creature is needed for Enchantment Transfusion to work? Range doesn't matter... that part is specified on the card as being within two zones of the Creature with the ET spell on it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:54:58 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
Re: Enchantment Transfusion - Targeting on reveal
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 12:00:40 AM »
I see this text on the card: "When Enchantment Transfusion is revealed, you may move any enchantments you control from this creature to one legal target creature up to 2 zones away from this creature."

[img2]http://www.thespelltome.com/246-thickbox_default/enchantment-transfusion.jpg[/img2]

I had previously believed that LOS from the Mage to the final destination of the Enchantments was not needed. Now I am wondering if I was mistaken, because I just read the following from the Codex on Enchantment Transfusion: "The enchantments must be moved to a legal target creature (a target you could cast the enchantments on as if you were casting each enchantment again on the new target)."

(Underlined parts are my emphasis.)

Can someone confirm that LOS from the Mage to the target creature is needed for Enchantment Transfusion to work? Range doesn't matter... that part is specified on the card as being within two zones of the Creature with the ET spell on it.

Thanks!

LOS from the Mage to the destination creature is not required.

There must be LOS from the creature with E - Transfusion to the creature who will receive the enchantment(s) however. The card determines legality as if the mage was casting them from the creature with enchantment transfusion, not where the mage is when it is revealed.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »
I suggest a change in the wording in the Codex for Enchantment Transfusion, if this is the case.

Instead of saying "enchantments must be moved to a legal target creature (a target you could cast the enchantments on as if you were casting each enchantment again on the new target)," it should say "enchantments must be moved to a legal target creature (a target you could cast the enchantments on as if the creature with Enchantment Transfusion were casting each enchantment again on the new target)."

The word "you" invariably means "your Mage" which is not the intent here. The creature with Enchantment Transfusion is the one that needs to be able to do the targeting... not the Mage.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:20:27 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
Technically you are tracing Line of Sight from the Enchantment Transfusion card, not the creature it is attached to. It is a fine detail that doesn't really matter, since they are both invariably in the same place, but it is the Enchantment Transfusion that is doing the moving and not the creature.

I can see how the text you mentioned can be confusing, but I don't think it needs to be changed. It is saying that the Enchantment Transfusion is moving the other enchantments, and that the Enchantment Transfusion must check for legality before moving them in the exact same manner as you would check for legality whenever you cast them initially.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
Zuberi is correct

you are tracing Line of Sight from the Enchantment Transfusion card
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage