May 05, 2024, 09:50:03 AM

Author Topic: Bloodwave Greatbow  (Read 11633 times)

juli

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodwave Greatbow
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »
The way I read the text you posted, then to my understanding just being in the same zone as standard bearer will activate his piercing. Same with fortified position.

Wow, thats a super cool find there jack.

Especially since the greatbow has no armor, you want to protect it anyways and by doing so you boost his attack up quite a bit. Definitely worth trying :)

lettucemode

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »
The way I read the text you posted, then to my understanding just being in the same zone as standard bearer will activate his piercing. Same with fortified position.

Wow, thats a super cool find there jack.

Especially since the greatbow has no armor, you want to protect it anyways and by doing so you boost his attack up quite a bit. Definitely worth trying :)

I agree, the way the rules come together that that is pretty cool. +2 piercing for no additional mana cost beyond what you pay for the Command itself! Kind of makes me think we won't see many more Command enchantments beyond [mwcard=FWE09]Standard Bearer[/mwcard] and [mwcard=FWE06]Fortified Position[/mwcard], though. A command enchantment that benefits the creature it's attached to would combo pretty strongly with this guy.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »
Synergy is absolutely the right way to describe how I'm seeing the new Warlord stuff coming together. I really wanna make a Warlord book right now with just the promo stuff I've laid hands on: Morning Star and the Greatbow but I gotta resist and wait for FiF to get here. I'm already going to have to remake my Warlock and Necromancer as is. Not to mention find room for Lion Savagery in my already tightly packed Beast Master book.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 12:55:08 AM »
Once FiF hits, I'm going to be making an Anvil Throne Warlord and an Adramelech Warlock, along with making a few changes to existing builds. I want to try Lion's Savagery on Cervere. But the card I'm most looking forward to for my current builds is Defend. Defend is the key new utility card that I've seen from FiF. It's going to be good in midrange, but incredible for builds reliant on a few big creatures. Using Defend on a Pet Steelclaw Grizzly with Bear Strength and Vampirism is absurdly efficient.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 01:01:20 AM »
I'll admit you just named the #1 reason I'm making room for Lions Savagery: Cervere the Forrest Stalker.  8)

I'm going to make an Anvil Throne Warlord. I think he's going to have real potential to be a disgustingly efficient mage. I may hold up on the Warlock as I already play the current one, whom I'll want to update obviously. I don't like playing too many different mages at once(which honestly hurts my ability to fight against non-used mages of course.) My roommate is already talking the mad smack about the Adramalech Warlock he's going to build so I'll likely leave him to it. I just gotta figure out how to squeeze a giant bone dragon into my Necromancers book somehow....
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »
I also agree that Defend is going to find it's way into a lot of builds. It's just too useful not to.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 03:59:55 AM »
Using Defend on a Pet Steelclaw Grizzly with Bear Strength and Vampirism is absurdly efficient.

Although it is still a promo card, The Temple High Guard is also incredible with Defend

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 01:09:52 AM »
I also agree that Defend is going to find it's way into a lot of builds. It's just too useful not to.

Oh yeah you betcha. Defend is almost making me considering using Helm of Command for once.
"See you space cowboy..."

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 01:21:58 AM »

Oh yeah you betcha. Defend is almost making me considering using Helm of Command for once.

I've never played a Warlord, been waiting for this expansion, but I've always figured the helm wasn't that bad. I was planning to put Charge on it for some Minotaurs. I like the idea of the Orc familiar guy ordering people to Guard a lot though.
"But Sarge I don't wanna guard against him, that's a really big bear!"
"You'll hold your ground and guard you little maggot! He's certainly not attacking me!"