May 16, 2024, 08:54:58 AM

Author Topic: Casting same equipment...  (Read 6484 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Casting same equipment...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
I would have to look over all the timing rules for this but I do know one of the reason it was move to at end of action was to help prevent this. It used to be before or after a friendly action just like QC.

If that is the intention, then I think the current wording is sufficient but maybe a little too subtle. I can see people overlooking the fact that "at the end" is still during the action phase and you may want to bring attention to this fact. This would mean that you can not squeeze in an extra attack by recasting Scimitar....however you could attack with it and then replace it to still have the Defense available.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »
Ahhh. Now I see it's minor implication. So, really not worth it then. Thank you everyone for explanation.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »
I would have to look over all the timing rules for this but I do know one of the reason it was move to at end of action was to help prevent this. It used to be before or after a friendly action just like QC.

If that is the intention, then I think the current wording is sufficient but maybe a little too subtle. I can see people overlooking the fact that "at the end" is still during the action phase and you may want to bring attention to this fact. This would mean that you can not squeeze in an extra attack by recasting Scimitar....however you could attack with it and then replace it to still have the Defense available.

If it starts to get abused it will be worth working on. As you know the to do list is so long this is currently not a major priority.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 12:21:13 PM »
Not sure if recasting for a chance to deflect is worth it. Then again, who knows.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »
Not sure if recasting for a chance to deflect is worth it. Then again, who knows.

If you are about to die, everything saving your ass worh it.