May 05, 2024, 05:38:47 AM

Author Topic: Set watermarks for cards  (Read 3901 times)

Nealo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Set watermarks for cards
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »
It would be great to have watermarks on cards showing which set they are a part of. I think this would add a lot of clarity for new players when building decks and researching cards. It would be nice to know instantly whether or not a card is from a set you currently own or not without having to go and look it up every time (similar to the way that spell types now have the name of the spell type written below the icon in academy).

I suppose the only question then would be what to do with the core set cards that are included in other sets. My vote would be to put both or put some kind of qualifier like "core (DvN)" or (if you went the path of icons) you could just put both icons. Essentially the first icon would be the set that the card originally appeared in and the second would be the set that it was actually unboxed from.

Thoughts?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Set watermarks for cards
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
THIS. ^^
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »
I think the ID number on the bottom right corner tells you which set it came from.

For example, Mind Shield is card FWE08. FW indicates the card is included in the Forcemaster v. Warlord set.

The watermarks might still be helpful though since some of the Spellbook Extensions (like Conquest of Kumanjaro) are somewhat confusing IDs (MWSTX1CKQ), where CK or FF indicate the set.

If anyone knows what the STX1 between Mage Wars (MW) and Conquest of Kumanjaro (CK) in those IDs mean I'd be interested to learn.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:34:57 PM by Erebus »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »
I think the ID number on the bottom right corner tells you which set it came from.

For example, Mind Shield is card FWE08. FW indicates the card is included in the Forcemaster v. Warlord set.

The watermarks might still be helpful though since some of the Spellbook Extensions (like Conquest of Kumanjaro) are somewhat confusing IDs (MWSTX1CKQ), where CK or FF indicate the set.

If anyone knows what the STX1 between Mage Wars (MW) and Conquest of Kumanjaro (CK) in those IDs mean I'd be interested to learn.

I would guess Spell Tome Expansion 1. While E after FW in above example stands for Expansion. This designates the full name of each expansion type in Arena. Battle Grounds expansion uses (BG). I found STX2FF on the Forged in Fire Spell Tome Expansion.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! Seemed a little odd that they made the ID so much longer!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 08:27:01 PM »
The ID numbers are all unique to the set they're in. Also all promo cards say promo in their ID number.

Nealo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »
Oh cool! Didn't realize that about the ID numbers! In that case, it is not too difficult to look up the set by reading the number. I still think it would be nice to have a clearer marker, but I'm glad that this is included. As long as there is something, I'm happy.