May 12, 2024, 08:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Laddinfance's 2642nd Post  (Read 22734 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Laddinfance's 2642nd Post
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »
Another Mind creature would be awesome. Something like ACG's "Nightmare" would be cool.

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
Wasps, especially the kind that leave you paralyzed while their offspring grow fat within your slowly liquifying organs?

I dated someone like this once. Interestingly, she fell into the Dark/Mind school too. We must be on the right track.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »
I was thinking less insect like and more Freddy Krueger like, not Freddy now of course, but something Dark and mentally twisted more on the Force side than Psychic side......
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2015, 12:30:23 AM »
wow!
a mind curse on a mages... a lot of possibilities, but i'm not sure it's a good idea to open this door...
(there could be a lot to do on mind-cursing creatures too!)

I think this route has a lot of untapped potential. Currently, the only mage that can easily open the door to stopping the enemies plan the easiest is the wizard. This CAN be used by wizards, but has more of a dark/mind mage theme to it and would benefit those mages

it is something to steal the opponent's mana.
but with a mind curse you could tell him how to plan (change one card, plan only one card, no level>2, random, only target himself,...) that's very much more limiting (see the post about negative game experience). that's dangerous (and could be fun!)

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
One thing that could be a interesting feature would be an dissipating enchantment with a ongoing counter effect (mind)  and which generates a large bonus (dark)  when it is destroyed by the end of the count down. Something like this:

Dark soul.
Cost: 2+3
Effect: Dissipate 2. Upkeep 1. When target creature, or any of its attached objects,  is affected by an opponent spell that opponent must pay 2 additional mana. When Dark soul is destroyed by the dissipating effect it gives it's creature +3 melee, +3 range, and full attacks becomes quick attacks until end of round.

In this way the opponent have a choice to dispell before the enchantment takes effect.