May 02, 2024, 06:45:50 AM

Author Topic: Paladin and Siren speculation  (Read 62030 times)

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
Ill-tempered? Sure. But with worthless arms? He can't do anything about that.
[/quote]

Which is why he is so angry. Of course he will have the Rage +X trait. X = The number of wise cracks about his tiny T-rex arms.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
He can't do anything about that.
or push-ups!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2014, 06:44:46 PM »

He can't do anything about that.
[/quote]
or push-ups!
[/quote]

See Rage +1 right there. Maybe this ability is a bit overpowered...
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »
Looking at the flavor text of Divine protection: [mwcard=mw1e12]Divine Protection[/mwcard] it's a quote from a High Paladin saying he is protected by the Dawnbreaker, so I'm guessing that will be the god of the new paladin.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
Looking at the flavor text of Divine protection: [mwcard=mw1e12]Divine Protection[/mwcard] it's a quote from a High Paladin saying he is protected by the Dawnbreaker, so I'm guessing that will be the god of the new paladin.

Perhaps a mage with an ability that provides the Aegis 1 trait.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
A Mage with a built in Aegis 1 would be awesome I admit.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:04 AM »
Built in Aegis is a thing i would expect in Monk mage (Monk  of the Passive Fist  - Bim Shala:) ) but have it from start is cool. In every interview with MW staff, they mentioned that Paladin is what one can typically expect from this class and its origin. But there is so many paladin types.

Will he

a) be able to take lot of damage because of easy healing and lot of health (every time you attack with holy weapon, heal 2 damage)
b) prevent recieving a lot of damage thanks to bariers or auras (aegis, circle of light)
c) will be able take lot of damage thanks to armor buffs and damage mitigation (for every attack you recieved, deal first point of damage which should hurt you as a token on your shield of "idontcare". That point of damage is nullified, veteran belt, spiked amor etc.)

Will we see some offensive holy spells? hmm...
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
He needs a sword with both ranged and melee light attacks.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »
Also, I think if there's ever a warrior-monk mage (sōhei) it would have to be an alternate paladin.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sirscott13

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »
I just want the Siren to introduce some better level one water spells for my druid

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:06 AM »
I would not worry about more level 1 water spells :) what i am afraid a little bit is more curse cards like [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]Rust[/mwcard] which will further deepen Warlocs tool box too.

I hope that we will start seeing first previews from the beginning of the next month. If not, i will be afraid about this year launch date of PvS. I am looking at date and a pattern of DvN previews :), so if they came up with new marketing strategy, fine by me :)

Monk is a Monk, Paladin is a Paladin. So far, we know about some holy dieties.

Asyra and Dawnbreaker seems to be living in Westlock. Malakai is one of the great Angels serving Asyra. BimShala is by the name and also by the art a much more eastern orientded culture for me.

Also, Talos, Mantichora, Basilisk etc. are from greek mythology. That promo creature from GenCon ... Astro Vidatu? and sorcerer is much more from arabian tales. Paladin itself right now could be an inhabitant of westlock or if not, they need to zoom out a map of Etheria a little bit (where is Kumanjaro?). My point is, that Paladins exsits more in eastern cultures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj80en7rji2il10/Ether.jpg?dl=0

There could be a dark paladin but "alternate" mages have so far same magic schools. Ok, i need a walk, it seems that i am speculating too much :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2014, 08:50:31 AM »
As dieties, Asyra and the Dawnbreaker don't really "reside" anywhere. Bim-Shalla is the third holy diety.

Manticores are from Persian Mythology.

Kumanjaro is from the south of the current map. You see the big ocean to the south? Kumanjaro is on the other side of it.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
As dieties, Asyra and the Dawnbreaker don't really "reside" anywhere. Bim-Shalla is the third holy diety.

I was really poorly trying to point out that their main area of interest and also their worshipers are probably there :)

And here goes my Age of Mytology education...

Kumanjaro is from the south of the current map. You see the big ocean to the south? Kumanjaro is on the other side of it.
Thank you very much. We had a small discusion with my friends and it seems that i lost the bet :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »

I was really poorly trying to point out that their main area of interest and also their worshipers are probably there :)

And here goes my Age of Mytology education...

Thank you very much. We had a small discusion with my friends and it seems that i lost the bet :)
Please don't start a conversation on where Gyro's come from either!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 11:35:41 AM »
I am sorry, i dont get that sentence...