May 15, 2024, 08:51:30 AM

Author Topic: Siren & Paladin Recommendations Page  (Read 6190 times)

Xilos of the mana temple

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Siren & Paladin Recommendations Page
« on: September 10, 2015, 05:13:16 PM »
Hello, this is Xilos of the mana temples! This recommendation page is for the cards and concepts you might want to see in the next Siren vs Paladin expansion. This will support arcane wonders, while giving you a chance at seeing your idea in gameplay. However, the siren's library is obviously mind and water, while the paladin's library might be holy and war. A bit of restriction on your creativity, but don't let that stop you. Feel free to add.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Siren & Paladin Recommendations Page
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 07:29:57 AM »
i can imagine Paladin having access to some kind of auras which affects all friendly creatures in hi zone (it can give them armor, melee, piercing, regeneration, tough etc). it can be done by enchantments, his skills or equipment...

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »
The paladin could have a "code of conduct"!
he coudn't attack if there is more friendly creatures than unfriendly creatures in a zone
or
he coudn't attack a level 1 creature
or

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »
i can imagine Paladin having access to some kind of auras which affects all friendly creatures in hi zone (it can give them armor, melee, piercing, regeneration, tough etc). it can be done by enchantments, his skills or equipment...

Or curses cost +2 mana to cast on a Paladin or any friendly creatures in the same zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
A new condition called lure for the siren. Functions like a taunt without the forced attack. Creature must move towards the enemy creature that applied the lure. Would be something like Siren lures enemy creature X as a quick spell and then puts up a wall of pikes as a full action. X must walk through.

Edit: I really want to see water terrain markers for the siren and a whirlpool/vortex conjuration. Maybe a curse that dazes enchanted creature each upkeep.

I really do like the suggestion of auras for the paladin. I may be a necro by trade, but I'd think an aura granting tough would be good. We haven't seen a Mage with a real built in targeted heal ability yet, so that would be cool. Maybe a shield that absorbs 1 point of damage outright.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:24:19 AM by JasonBourneZombie »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 03:23:34 PM »
I also thought a little about a "lure" concept, but as a sort of "Challenge" taunt for the Paladin. Then, I realized it's a little similar to Force Pull on the Forcemaster. Lure being persistent condition is a really cool idea though.

I think my favorite idea is the water terrain! One major difference between vine markers and water terrain could be that, rather than allowing creatures to be summoned in different zones, certain creatures have bonus effects while in water. Or, maybe a few can only survive so long as they're in water (or have like a breathe air enchantment).
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
Right. Like water hinders creatures without aquatic or amphibious keywords. Creatures with aquatic are slow out of water and take 1 damage each upkeep.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

Xilos of the mana temple

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:54 PM »
I would like to add a new mechanic called sustainment. Its like upkeep, except optional.

Shield of forefathers:

11 mana, level 2 Holy + level 1 War, Quick action to cast, Epic. Option 1: sustainment +1

Two Choices:

1: Once per attack, this equipment may absorb up to two critical damage. When there is 10 damage on this card, obliterate it. When sustainment is paid, remove one damage from this card.

2: This mage gains Armor +3 and a defense. Defense: +X, x1 per round, Good against ranged and melee.
X= anything you want Arcane wonders and forum browsers!

PS: you can make something else entirely by adding sustainment to option 2 to improve the Defense.

REPLY ON THIS CARD!

Xilos of the mana temple

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 05:43:09 PM »
Water Vortex:

Level 2 Water,  9 mana, 0-1 Casting range, Quick action, Zone, terrain, Upkeep +1

All non-aquatic non-flying creatures are hindered when entering & exiting this zone, and gain a Daze on a roll of +7 (D12).

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 05:47:20 PM »
REPLY ON THIS CARD!
... reply ...

Why do you yell around in comments like this? I saw that in another thread as well. If the comment is good or interesting people will answer without being forced to ;)

Xilos of the mana temple

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 05:50:39 PM »
Got it bigfatchef.

The Water Vortex Idea card above is supposed to have Zone exclusive.

Geyser flood:

Level 2 water, 8 mana, Full action, Zone exclusize.

All Aquatic creatures Gain this defense while in this zone: +10, infinite times a round,
You decide if melee, ranged or both.

Xilos of the mana temple

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 06:24:31 PM »
Siren mage ability: lure.

Quick action: Sing weave, Full action.

+8 Lure, +12 sleep, Range 0-2, Sweeping

Lure token:
This creature is forced to move towards the creature that gave it this condition. When this creature enters this zone, remove the lure marker and replace it with a daze.

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:10 AM »
I would like to add a new mechanic called sustainment. Its like upkeep, except optional.
If there's something I don't like to see in Mage Wars, it's new mechanics, followed closely by new keywords.

The game needs some streamlining, not increasing it's complexity even further, YMMV.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:27 AM »
If there's something I don't like to see in Mage Wars, it's new mechanics, followed closely by new keywords.

The game needs some streamlining, not increasing it's complexity even further, YMMV.

+1
allready tomany key words, where a text-card could be explain, for example in this case : "if this upkeep isn't paid, don't destroy the creature"

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:04 AM »

+1
allready tomany key words, where a text-card could be explain, for example in this case : "if this upkeep isn't paid, don't destroy the creature"
+2
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin