May 15, 2024, 03:02:27 AM

Author Topic: Lifeblood Priestess  (Read 6795 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Lifeblood Priestess
« on: October 06, 2014, 01:16:08 AM »
So we're getting another small boom of new players in my area and one of them, whom I shall refer to as "The Littlest Mage Warrior", has her heart set on trying out a Priestess. Now for various reasons every time she's shown up to play none of us have had a Holy mage on hand despite them being pretty common around here. So I'm just going to make her a Priestess book and give her a couple of promo cards while I'm at it. Here's my hopefully new player friendly Priestess book:

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Life Blood[/spellbookname]
[mage]Priestess[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNA01]1 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1a11]2 x  Pillar of Light[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA04]1 x  Hurl Boulder[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1j12]1 x  Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j23]1 x  Temple of Asyra[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j08]1 x  Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j15]1 x  Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1c28]2 x  Royal Archer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1c22]2 x  Knight of Westlock[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKC06]3 x  Guardian Angel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1c06]1 x  Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]2 x  Asyran Defender[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1e37]1 x  Sacred Ground[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e12]1 x  Divine Protection[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE02]1 x  Divine Might[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e11]1 x  Divine Intervention[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e36]1 x  Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e28]1 x  Mongoose Agility[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e03]1 x  Bull Endurance[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e05]1 x  Cheetah Speed[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]1 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e29]2 x  Nullify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e02]2 x  Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e20]1 x  Harmonize[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1q27]2 x  Dawnbreaker Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q29]1 x  Staff of Asyra[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ01]1 x  Sunfire Amulet[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q08]1 x  Elemental Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q06]1 x  Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q23]1 x  Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q19]1 x  Mage Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q07]1 x  Elemental Cloak[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNI04]1 x  Renewing Rain[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i17]2 x  Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]1 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]2 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i07]2 x  Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i21]1 x  Purge Magic[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 118 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

First one of those rings is actually an Elfric Life Ring and the last two points are for an Alter of the Iron Guard.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Lifeblood Priestess
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:18:29 AM »
Here is my list of questions :)

1) 118 SB points? Those two points are promo cards?
2) No clerics for Temple of Asyra?
3) Why two dawnbreaker rings? I would try dissolve Staff if i stand against this build :)

And thats probably all :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 07:06:45 AM »
@Boocheck, he answered two out of three of those questions...  :p And harmonize on temple is the way to go, priests are just bad mana crystals.
First one of those rings is actually an Elfric Life Ring and the last two points are for an Alter of the Iron Guard.
Bulls endurance should be changed to a healing charm.  You don't want to give the opportunity for it to be dispelled and the creature dies.  Plus works with ring and priestess ability.  I think I'd ditch the wands, they are too many actions if you don't have a battleforge.  Change the minor heals to heals/lay hands.  Add a meditation amulet in case your opponent plays defensively.  Otherwise looks decent.  I might replace the mana crystal with two priests.  Although they are just bad mana crystals, they are mana crystals that can be cast by your spawnpoint, which is also good in a defensive vs defensive spellbook.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »
I SWEAR that i didnt see that at the morning :D

My bad :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:06 PM »
I don't normally play Bulls Endurance but like I said I made this for a new player and I figured she'd like boosting her life as much as possible. I sorta agree with the Clerics over Mana Crystal but again, new player trying to keep it simple. I may do without the wands though now that you mention it.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 10:25:26 PM »
Also I appreciate the responses. Yeah Boo one of the rings is an Elfric Life Ring and the other points are my Alter of Iron Guard.

Why the argument against Bulls Endurance? Yeah it can be Dispelled but what can't? I don't use it like I said but it could have a place maybe?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:02 AM »
Also I appreciate the responses. Yeah Boo one of the rings is an Elfric Life Ring and the other points are my Alter of Iron Guard.

Why the argument against Bulls Endurance? Yeah it can be Dispelled but what can't? I don't use it like I said but it could have a place maybe?
I think that the Healing Charm would increase the Priestess life by one vs. the Bull Endurance which is in your favorite school nature.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 02:49:17 AM »
I my self favor bull endurance over minor health or healing charm when comes to order of healing. Just because of a dice gods. Bull gives or "heals" exact 4. If i apply healing after Bull endurance, on some creatures, it is also much more beneficial because you can avoid "over heal" on some creatures.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 03:55:28 AM »
That's a good point on the over heal Boo. I'm gonna put this together tomorrow and hopefully my friend can try it out Friday.

Mortuss

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »
bull endurance can be dispelled, while healing charm does its job, is in school and gains you life for priestess. Overhealing seems to be a problem only on smaller creatures, where you probably dont bother with buffing them anyway..
Bull endurance would be better on expensive stuff with low life total, like sniper or fellela or something

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 09:09:56 AM »
No [mwcard=MW1C20]Highland Unicorn[/mwcard]? After all it's the national animal of Scotland. But seriously, the Unicorn is pretty dang tight. However, you're already including a very solid core of Holy creatures, and I can't dispute that.

On the [mwcard=MW1E03]Bull Endurance[/mwcard] vs [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE03]Healing Charm[/mwcard] debate, I'm a bigger fan of the charm. Your Priestess gains one life when you reveal it, and you have very tough creatures so you can generally afford to wait and avoid overhealing. On average you'll "gain" the same amount of life from either card, but one costs an extra spellpoint and the other gives your mage a life as well.

Also, the more base life something has the less likely it is that Life +4 will come into play. So on small creatures Life +4 is going to be nearly indistinguishable from healing four damage, but on bigger creatures the likelihood that Life +4 won't come into play.

That's my experience, and it's probably more involved than your new player needs.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »
Any enchantment can be dispelled but we still play them. That argument just isn't cutting it for me. Healing Charm could be Seeking Dispelled.  :P I will however but some Healing Charms in as well.

Laddinface you make an excellent point about the Highland Unicorn. I'm making this book for a female player who goes in for the unicorns, fairies, and what not anyway. So if for no other reason than to help get her hooked I should probably stick in a unicorn and maybe an Eagle Wings so she can make it fly.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »

So if for no other reason than to help get her hooked I should probably stick in a unicorn and maybe an Eagle Wings so she can make it fly.

now we have a Pegasus! that's awesome.

I once made a Dragon the was quickly killed. I put Eagle Wings on a Spitting Raptor. My opponent hit it with Knockdown and a quicksand.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 12:59:31 PM »

So if for no other reason than to help get her hooked I should probably stick in a unicorn and maybe an Eagle Wings so she can make it fly.

now we have a Pegasus! that's awesome.

I once made a Dragon the was quickly killed. I put Eagle Wings on a Spitting Raptor. My opponent hit it with Knockdown and a quicksand.

My favorite Eagle Wings story is from using it on Gorgon Archer.

Snakes on a Plane

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Get two Steelclaw Grizzlies and put Eagle Wings on both of them. Now you have the Royal Straywood Airforce.

Eagle Wings on Brogan Bloodstone and you've got an angel that can actually survive a real fight.

Put it on Grimson Deadeye and he has his own portable sniper rest.