May 16, 2024, 02:22:56 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Mondays - Player Questions!  (Read 4658 times)

LetsLevelUp

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Mondays - Player Questions!
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
I recently received an email from a listener of the podcast with a request.  If you guys have Mage Wars related questions (rules / wording / strats), post em here and we will do our best to answer them for a future episode!

I think it would be awesome to have a few spots to answer questions from this awesome gaming community.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Mondays - Player Questions!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »
When mage wars was designed, what was the first mage?

When mages were chosen for Core set, was alway the "main" four a main four?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »
(This comment is about the Live Play Video)

Just so you guys know, when you bind a spell you don't have to reveal it until you actually use it.  The bound spell comes into play face down under whatever you bound it to, and only gets turned up after you use it.

Also, you have to assign whatever you deploy during your planning phase and place it face down near the spawnpoint (ie you cant just pick whatever you want during deploy).

Other than that it was probably the best "live play" type video I've seen so far  :)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Elessar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »
To what extent has fan speculation been accurate regarding past and future expansions?  On that note, any hints about future expansions? 

There's a perception that the wizard is quite powerful, perhaps overpowered in the current state of the game.  Do you agree, and if so, how could the issue be addressed?  E.g., giving the wizard a triple-cost school or schools, beefing up the other mages to parity, etc. 

The artwork for the female wizard features an owl.  Any chance she'll get an owl familiar?  (My girlfriend loves owls, and this would be a big selling point.) 

Thanks - love the show.   

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »
Oh.... my bad :) sorry :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

blackirishguilt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ka is a wheel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 07:40:22 AM »
I really enjoyed the cut away shots of the two of you talking about the game state between rounds.  Really added to the show and make it more about the two of you playing than just the mechanics.  Very cool.

The only criticism I have is mic placement.  It made the die rolling and finger tapping very, very loud.  Not a big deal, really but a little annoying.  Still, great video and I thank you for it.

I couldn't help but notice that neither of you played any Mana generators or invested much in infrastructure.  I think that would be an interesting topic: opening with aggression vs. investing in channeling for the long term.  It's something I've been toying with as I start playing, whether to meet fire with fire or play defensively and try to win the long game. 

Thanks again for the hard work you put into producing the video...can't wait for the next one!

LetsLevelUp

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:16:52 AM »
(This comment is about the Live Play Video)

Just so you guys know, when you bind a spell you don't have to reveal it until you actually use it.  The bound spell comes into play face down under whatever you bound it to, and only gets turned up after you use it.

Also, you have to assign whatever you deploy during your planning phase and place it face down near the spawnpoint (ie you cant just pick whatever you want during deploy).

Other than that it was probably the best "live play" type video I've seen so far  :)

Wow, thank you for this!

LetsLevelUp

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
Thanks for all the questions gang.

To clear up any potential confusion, these questions are for the Mage Wars Mondays podcast, not particularly our live play video (although I love any and all feedback regarding that).

Keep em' coming.  We may have enough to dedicate a future episode to, if not we can toss them in here or there during episodes.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
I'm looking forward to a "mail bag" episode :).

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 02:00:06 PM »
We would love to hear more questions from you as we go to making new episodes. As always if you have a topic you would like to see us cover, then by all means please let us know!

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
Are you thinking about expanding the podcast to a weekly thing? The monday's with out an episode are just painful.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid