May 15, 2024, 05:06:26 PM

Author Topic: Few question.  (Read 2289 times)

Darsul

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Few question.
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
Sorry, I have not dug around the forms for the answers how ever at the time we did scours the books.

1.     Would an elusive creature get hindered by Mangler Caltrops?

(we played as though yes they would because, elusive only said creature doesn't hinder and nothing about conjuration)

2. Would the rings that +X to elemental damage (i.e. Dawnbreaker Ring) add to the effect roll of elemental attack(i.e. Pillar Of Light) as well?

~ On Page 26 damage Modifiers, intuitively if you cast an elements stronger this would add the to effect roll just as if the target had +X to the element (i.e. Light)? (we played for the time being as no, going with the whole book doesn't say it doesn't happen).

3. Does a Bloodthirsty creature get by the guard.

~ Again book didn't say so we played it as no but, intuitively doesn't care if the guard jump in the way or not he wants the blood of the dieing.

TY for your time.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Few question.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:11:11 PM »
1. Yes

2. Melee +X and Ranged +X do not impact the effect die roll. You can find a detailed breakdown of the different kinds of attack modifiers in the rules supplement in the resources and downloads part of the website.

3. No. Bloodthirsty does not grant Elusive. If you CAN attack a wounded Living enemy creature in your zone, you must, but that does not mean you can ignore the targeting restrictions imposed by guards.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »
1. Yes

2. Melee +X and Ranged +X do not impact the effect die roll. You can find a detailed breakdown of the different kinds of attack modifiers in the rules supplement in the resources and downloads part of the website.

3. No. Bloodthirsty does not grant Elusive. If you CAN attack a wounded Living enemy creature in your zone, you must, but that does not mean you can ignore the targeting restrictions imposed by guards.

One followup on the Bloodthirsty question: Just because there is a wounded living enemy creature in range of your attack, you are not forced to attack the guard... you are under no restrictions from having the Bloodthirsty trait at all in such a case.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:30:33 AM »
Good Work both of you
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage